IndiaDivine.org

keeping your mind focused

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the best way for one to keep his mind focused on bhagwan and deterred away from all the maya?

Especially, how does one keep his mind off of the opposite sex?

How do we kill the urging desires of lust inside of us?

Hare Krishna.

Until a few years ago, I was just like the average person. I had desires for material possessions. Big Tv, big house, expensive clothes etc..

I just stopped satisfying my desires and in this way the desires fade away and eventually they become your enemy. I now hate going to the stores.

When you satisfy your desires, the desires only increase more and more. But when you don't satisfy them, they leave you.

stop going to parties

stop eating out

Reduce associating with non-devotees

Go to the temple often

Read the scriptures

Listen to the BG

All the above will help you overcome all desires, slowly.

Hare Krishna.

I also forget to mention that donating money to worthy temples in the service of Lord Krishna also help us to overcome desires.

When we have money, if we spend it on ourselves then we become attached and our desires only increase more and more. But if we give away our money to Krishna then our desires cannot be satisfied and thus we slowly become free from desires.

The rule of the world is that we earn and we spend. We can spend it to satisfy our desires which are never ending. Or give the money to Lord krishna and in this way our desires are not satisfied. Which is very good for us. Also in our next life we will get it all back with interest. Do you everw wonder why some are born rich and some poor? Well now you know.

Hari Hari- this is really scary, I just went to this forum to post a question like the original poster.the answers are really nice, and it remembers me the facts about fire, heating the fires or puting oil on it will increase....abondon and neglecting the fire will dimm the fire down.

Fire can be any attachment or desire.

Foccus seems so hard, specially when Krishna is testing us.

Right now I have quit some tests, things that didnt touch me in KC for many years are comming now right infront of me.

I really tought I was protected somehow for those things, but lately so many tricky arrangement are passing my life...that never was an issue in my life ( even not before KC) and now maya is really calling me ...scary -

(sorry for the poor gramatical Englisch)

Hare Krishna.

Maya is very strong and it will always try to lure and capture you.

Maya comes in form of desires for material possessions, greed for wealth, lust, non-devotees trying to make you into one of them, and so on.

Although maya is very strong, it can be contained if you are always on your guard and know the above. You can only defeat your enemy if you know who your enemy is.

Ignorance, greed, lust, desires, anger, ego, arrogance, association with non-devotees, attachment to money and so on are your enemies. All these things are built in your mind. So you have to conquer your mind.

The mind can be made into your best friend, but if you don't conquer it, it will become your greatest enemy.

• 1 month later...