IndiaDivine.org

Requirements?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been studying Advaita Vedanta for about a year but lately I have been feeling God's love and feeling very attracted to Him and His service. I don't have any background in formal Hinduism but I feel that I need some structure and direction in my life, based on the same principles as Vedanta. After reading about the devotional practices of ISKCON I thought that might be a good option and am going to visit the next feast in this area. But I am confused about some things. I read a lot of the stuff on iskcon.com and some of it sounds superstitious or over-the-top to me. Do all successful Hare Krishnas need to believe in every word of this or is it possible to practice bhakti without believing in everything Prabhupada said? I have other questions but that's all I can remember for now. Thanks in advance, and peace to all.

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

Best advice- please visit the temple and experience the environment for yourself. You may get an answer in this forum, however, one on one discussions with devotees will best help you really understand your doubts and questions.

So, please visit the temple and iam sure you will find it an enlivening experience.

Haribol!

anand