IndiaDivine.org

what is one Rudra in Saiva Japa?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've read in Lord Siva and His Worship by Swami Sivananda the following:

"Chamaka is divided into eleven sections. Each of these is then combined with Namaka (Rudra) and repeated. This is called Rudra. Eleven such Rudras make one Laghu Rudra. Eleven Laghu Rudras make one Maharudra. Eleven Maharudras make one Atirudra."

So my question is the following. What is this combination (Rudra)? Is it 1st anuvaka of Chamaka + Namaka + 2nd anuvaka of Chamaka + Namaka + ... + 11th anuvaka of Chamaka + Namaka? Or is it Chamaka (all the 11 anuvakas) + Namaka? Or is it another combination?

Please send your answers to my email: bobbob@ua.fm

With best regards,

Boris

• 3 years later...

I've read in Lord Siva and His Worship by Swami Sivananda the following:

"Chamaka is divided into eleven sections. Each of these is then combined with Namaka (Rudra) and repeated. This is called Rudra. Eleven such Rudras make one Laghu Rudra. Eleven Laghu Rudras make one Maharudra. Eleven Maharudras make one Atirudra."

So my question is the following. What is this combination (Rudra)? Is it 1st anuvaka of Chamaka + Namaka + 2nd anuvaka of Chamaka + Namaka + ... + 11th anuvaka of Chamaka + Namaka? Or is it Chamaka (all the 11 anuvakas) + Namaka? Or is it another combination?

Please send your answers to my email: bobbob@ua.fm

With best regards,

Boris