IndiaDivine.org

Krishna movement and Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

what do people who worship Shakti, or any other deity in particular have to do with Hinduism? They're all branches of Hinduism, as Hinduism isn't a particular religion, it's a way of life. Hinduism is just a term coined by various invaders who happened to see different religions being practiced than their own. I don't think all sects in Hinduism have the same exact philosophy, but they share similar goals I think.

<< Hinduism is just a term coined by various invaders >>

not various.

the muslims coinded the word hindu and used it to mean the people living on the east side of river sindhu.

the dharma of these people has been known to them hindus since milleniums. that name is sanatana dharma or varnasrama dharma. this includes vaishnavism. (note that HK's reject all "isms" except vaishnavism.) because of muslim invader rules in india, the hindus did not mind beling called hindus. but becaue it continued for 1000 years, so, finally the hindus accept the word word hindu and hinduism meaning the same thing as sanatana dharma or varnasrama dharma. (similalry, the brits changed the name of the land to India. now we do nto want that name. we want to call it by a name Bharat.)

it is a universal way of living godconsciously.

it is not organized as islam and xianity is.

it does not enforce hinduism upon any one.

it give a lot of freedom of thought and action.

but that does not mean anything can go as hinduism.

there are scriptures and aacharyas, sadhus and swamis, a lot of them, that show what hinduism is and is not.

e.g. killing cows is not hinduism.

those who talk "my god and your god" are not hindus.

hinduism is not limited to just one name of god or just one form of god. hinduism is not just a set of beliefs you take or reject. it is a spiritual science. the laws given there will apply to all humans regardless whether they know the laws or not. e.g. the laws of karma and re-incarnation will apply to all living beings, whether they know it or not or accept it or not.

like every one else, hindus do have god given right to choose a name. so, hindus have accepted the words hindu and hinduism now to mean sanaana dharmi and sanatana dharma.

now who has the pain about it?

sky is blue; who has the pain about it?

Guest guest

(note that HK's reject all "isms" except vaishnavism.)

--this is your joke, the sense to reject "isms" is that gaudya vaishnavism reject spiritual concept based on caste, nationality, birth religion, sex, culture and so on

those who talk "my god and your god" are not hindus.

--neither vaishnavas.. hindus cannot say my god because in hinduisms there's hundred's of god concepts, not because of tolerance.. that indeed is there ('til now)

it is a spiritual science

--which common base? postulates?

agree or not you know the reasons why gaudya vaishnava sampradaya is not properly hindu and why someone thinks that hinduism does not really exist, so be loyal and show well all the positions when you explain something