IndiaDivine.org

History and Religion: they combine?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,

Is there any conflict in trying to explain the existence of the bhakti message, that Lord Krsna says that is eternal, by the history point of view?

More clear: when I say that it was profered in the circunstances of a more closed religion, of the vedic brahmin, to open the vedic cult to all castes in a rigid society, is there any conflict with the inner precepts of bhakti?

thank you for reading,

Hari OM

Jaydev

Guest guest

bhakti is in itself anti sectarian

krsna in the gita (spoken to aksatrya, not a brahmin scholar) does not speak of any particular activity or way of life fit for attaining bhakti and liberation.. krsna says: "surrender to me, abandone any other dharma (=purpose) different from surrendering, i will protect you, i will fix any problem created by your surrendering"

this instruction is at the end of a teaching process where krsna teachs to arjuna that there was no need, for him, to stop his ksatrya duty and take some concocted ascetic or brahmanic way of life to reach liberation and devotion

so, again, there's thousands of demonstration that gita is in itself completely anti caste, anti racism, anti sexism, against religious fanatism and sectarism, fit for all people of all religions and nationality all over the world..