IndiaDivine.org

sanskrit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My reiki master gave me a beautiful piece of sanskrit which he tells me translates as "the wisdom of all the buddhas" I would like to know about sanskrit names. When a western person asks for their sanskrit name, is it just a direct translation? I mean - will every Elizabeth in the world have the same sanskrit name or is it a spiritual name which is personal and can only be given by someone who knows each Elizabeth more personally? I hope my question is clear, and I look forward to your response. I do not wish to mock a religion which i don't fully understand. I know it is 'fashionable' to have an interst in these things and to have a sanskrit name, but i am interested in the real spirituality of having a sanskrit name.

• 1 month later...

all vedic (sanskrit) names have a meaning.

all non vedic names may not have a meaning.

if there is a meaning, then a similar work/name in sanskrit may or may not be found.

so, the best way is this:

find a character in ramayana or mahabharata or a purana that you lime, and accept that name. you can alwasy choose a name of god, deva or devi or gopa or gopi.