IndiaDivine.org

Tattoos?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello, my name is Girish and I am Sindhi. I was wondering what you all thought of getting a tattoo as a Hindu? Do you think it's a good or bad idea? I really want to get a tattoo in sanksrit on my arm but I don't want to do something bad in religion. Thanks!

Yes, the Vedic people do use tatoos.

it is an art, and every culture is tis flavor.

Get OM, or Sri Rama, or Sri Krishna, or Jai Radhe,

etc.

Vedic art has beauty, peace, spirituality, and grace in it.

it invokes respect and love, not hate or anger, or obsenity.

girish bhai, sindh me aai keye gaam rov taa?

Guest guest

heh, this is weird, i wanted to do the exact same thing just recently! i was thinking of getting a sanskrit tattoo as well! i might get the aum symbol on my arm though, instead of sanskrit words. its important to get it from a good artist, or the tatoo might fade and (Especially in the case of words/lettering) can blur.

Guest guest

I am hindu and I wanted to get an OM tattoo on my lower back, before doing i wanted to know if its a disgrace to my religion or anything of such. Cause i don't want disgrace my religion.

Thanks very much. I look forward to your reply

Depends on your reason for having the tattoo.

If it is purely for cosmetic/decorative reasons then OM won't have any meaning for you. If you hold any respect for it then you would not put it on your lower back.

Body is considered to be a temple and one should maintain it as such.

OM is AUM is considered that which is made up of and encompases the three Brahma Vishnu and Mahesh, etc. So Would you establish the deities in the bakyard of the temple/shrine which is near to where all the impurities come out of ?

People usually have these tattoos on their Arms, where they can see the tattoo regularly and hence be reminded of the divinity within them and their link with the divinity.

just my thoughts, they are not meant to be hurtful so please don't take them to heart

Best Wishes

Jagdish

Guest guest

well the reason for putting it on my lower back ......Is that i can't put it on my arm , legs casue of my job , we are not allowed to have tattoos, and its not for fashion.As u said one's body is a temple, thats why wnat am OM.

Thank You , so much for your feedback

Guest guest

it is offensive to bring sacred images, sacred writings in dirty places like the bathroom for example or also the bed or having sex in their presence

this is unavoidable if they are tattooed in the body, who is itself a very dirty place

who really appreciate and knows the meaning of sacred images (murti) and of sacred writings (=mantras) has no desire to make useless aparadhas to them