IndiaDivine.org

Why Rama is considered to be GOD why not human

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have been to one party where I happen to meet one gentleman, who has put this question to me. I came up with answer like Rama is great because he is model for any one in respecting his parents, strong believer in one word, got married to one wife Sri Seetha Devi etc. He said these were qualities not enough to make a man as GOD. Some one in the group also mentioned that he was incarnation of Lord Vishnu. But still not happy and mentioned that Dharmaraju also a great king with same qualities with the exceptions of marriage etc and still we do not consider him as GOD. Finally the party ended without right answer. This Gentlemen asked us to think more and come up with answer. I spent good amount of time and thought this could be very good question in this forum for people like me who do not know what is the right answer. I am not posting this to get answer but to get good points from people on this forum who are more knowledgeable than me.

Can any one contribute any thoughts on this?.

Guest guest

Sri Rama is considered more than a man, a god infact an avatar of god, because he did great things that go beyond what others do. not only was he a virtuous person, a model human being, his reign was a major time in Indian history when peace and prosperity reigned all around. Therefore, he was deified as being better than other kings. there are other kings who were good, but not the level of Sri Rama.

Nowadays, we dont do that. we dont deify great people. maybe we should. maybe not. i dont know. maybe we dont because of how bad most people are to begin with. but if a person were to come around that totally changed the make up of soceity and he or she is a good person, then they should be deified. since we are ALL gods in our own right, all missing a complete knowledge of god's entire knowledge. thats what makes us mortal. Rama had more of this god-consioisness than most.

Lord Rama had many great qualities. He carried out the Dharma in the most perfect way, treated His brothers as children and loved His family like no one else can. For his wife, Sri Sitadevi, He went after the golden deer, although He knew that there is no such thing.

But these are not the qualities that enable us to see God in Him.

What makes me believe Sri Ramachandra as God Himself is His extraordinary actions and extraordinary knowledge of everything including human psychology, weaponry and others. He was totally undefeated. Even Lakshmana used Rama's Godliness to kill Indrajit. This leads me to believe that Lord Ramabhadra is Lord Vishnu/Krishna Himself.

Guest guest

One of my friend pointed out that Ramayana story tells how a man should be in his day to day life. It is a clearly defined, implemented and shown path by the GOD himself in the form on Human being.

thats a nice way to put it....Rama though a God lived a life of humbleness and virtues...it shows howmuch ever powerful ur are, ur virtues and ur character/behavior are only going to get u to good path and to the real goal of life...respect for all is a must for a leader (this line is especially for Bindu baby) so God lived a life of a ordinary human being with virtue and proved the power power of respect (may be he was the first man of his age to live such a life...He set a role model for other kings to follow...He showed them the way just as how Christ showed the people of midle east a way) ...his life was an example for Karma yoga as Adi shankara's and vivekananda's were examples for Janana yoga...Appar's, Sundarar's, Thirujanana Sambanthar's, Manikavasaga's (great saivite saints of Tamil Nadu-South India) lives were examples of Bakthi yoga....sorry i dont remember any body to cite for Raja yoga (may be anyone from the school of meditation can help me out)

Thiru