IndiaDivine.org

evrat jivrat / diwaso

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Sree Krsna,

Has anybody heard of evrat jivrat / diwaso which is today? I know it is a fast that married women do in the first year of their marriage . They must fast the whole day and then stay awake the whole night and the whole day the following day and sleep at next night. Can anybody please tell me more about this fast? And why it is done? Thank you.

Radheradhe

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

I know that this is done for your husband's long life and well being. The story comes from the legend of a new bride whose husband died on the wedding day and she sought the help of 4 Devis- Evrat Ma, Jivrat Ma, Jaya Ma and Dasha Ma to enliven him. In return she had to promise her children which the Matajis took but this caused her mother in law to brand her a witch. Eventually she had a daughter and all was revealed with her sons returned to her.

I have done this for 5 years but was meant to celebrate it last year. However i was given wrong advice and am now told that I can't celebrate till I do 7 years. This is fine except that my husband is trying to divorce me and I may be divorced by next year! Has anyone got any suggestions? I was planning to carry on and celebrate next year regardless as I still love my husband.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hari Om,

It's that time of year again, today is know as diwaso, where married ladies fast. There must be somebody out there that can explain the significance of this day? also known as Evrat Jivrat. Can somebody please help?? Also, married ladies doing their first 5 years must stay awake all of tonight and tomorrow day time.

Please help? Thank you

• 3 months later...