IndiaDivine.org

Demons and Devas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm confused. Bali was a demon king but he wasn't all that bad. The same goes for Ravana's brother, whose name I currently forgot. But Indra, a deva, wasn't the best person either. So is 'demon' talking about a species or is it a state of being. Because in another story a human turned into a demon. There might be a point I'm completely missing so please forgive my ignorance. ^^;; I just want to clear this up. Thanks.

Guest guest

demon is a specie where more often the living being act as demon..

as you have already observed, not all demons act as demons... think also of Sri Prahlada Maharaja

those with demoniac nature and acts are demons.

read gita ch. 13: daivAsura sampad vibhAga yoga

then many times the family line of a demon produces other demon natured people. this makes people think demon is a race or a kind of life; but it is not.

now, the word deva is opposite to dAnava.

devas are superhumans but not god.

dAnavas are superdemons just as powerful as devas, but with asuric mentality like atheists. some are theists, but do not surrender to god, and compete with god; like ravana, and hiranyakashipu.

deva have their own planets, some danavas also live on other planets, and sometimes live on this earth. devas visit this earth as required, as is evident from the vedic literature.

when god - krishna decides to incarnates, the devas know it first, and some saints/devotess also know it first. then the devas incarnate on earth in among humans to help god do his work. saits/devotess, remind people to prepare to meet god or do service for Him when Hecomes. each time god has come, there always were people who did not believe he was god.

the people of demoniac nature start their own compaign against god when He comes. this however does not mean one should not protest fake gods. we need to follow saintly people.

hope it helps.

Guest guest

are not species. they are humans like us, only good humans and bad humans....those who do more bad than good are asuras and the reverse is devas. thats when one looks at it on the human level.

when on a hgher spiritual plane, talk of devas CAN be about gods (vishnu, indra, vayu, etc)

however, i dont believe in a spiritual plane equivilant for asuras since i dont believe in evil beings. humans create evil by their actions. those are the only asuras.

Guest guest

devas is not a spiritual plane, devas and asuras live in planets inside the material universe, not in vaikunta

you are right that humans create evil wih their actions, sometimes we are so evil, that we take birth in a form where to be evil is more easy... so we became demons

that's karma..