IndiaDivine.org

hindu-catholic marriage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi, i'm a catholic and my boyfirend is hindu. we're both very much attached to our faith but we love each other so much. much that i agreed to marry him. we're planning to marry despite the differences that we have. and the contradictions of my family. what do we have to know more or do?

if you understand gnostic christianity / catholisism at their core then you will understand correct hinduism also. forget all the ill talk by people who dont know, ive heard many funny comments by pastors and preachers and while they are correct from a christian point of view, the problem is that it completely ignores that christianity is as much a lifestyle which is incompatible with many things - one of those things is thinking for oneself. do you really make the 'decision' to follow christ or is it hammered into you? that aside, even the bible says if a person marries one who is of a different creed, he/she should stand by them. hardcore views are much like the nazi regime - they will die in 50 years but they are oh-so magnetic in the current generation. if understood at the deepest level, then they are no different. your boyfriend should know atman is the holy spirit, you should know holy spirit is atman. all the talk about 'one way' and 'false religions' is taken well out of context by sectarianists. pastors in the church ask for followers to ignore religion and follow christ - so do it. pure hinduism also does the same - follow God in all that you do and seek. if you want an answer to your problem then it is this: love your partner for their soul, not for the relgion he's bound to - it's just like clothing.