IndiaDivine.org

Lord Chaitanya = Lord Sri krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does it really matter what he quoted,if Krishna exists let him come and destroy the Kali yuga as Kalki then we will believe,till then lets enjoy the fantasy stories,anyone can write anything,Lord Chaitanya was called Krisha in one book,Chanakaya is called Shiva in another,Ashwathama is called something else in another..Books any one can write,there is only one thing thats true,that is Bagavathageetha..am i right?

Predictions about Caitanya Mahaprabhu

All the incarnations of Godhead happen at specific times and are supported by evidence in bona-fide Vedic scriptures. Even though Caitanya Mahaprabhu is known as the hidden (gupta) avatara, for His identity was never fully revealed. But the Vedic scriptures still contain references to the appearance and pastims of the incarnation of Sri Krishna as Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.5.32

krsna-varnam tvisakrsnam

sangopangastra-parsadam

yajnaih sankirtana-prayair

yajanti hi sumedhasah

TRANSLATION

In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the name of Krsna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions.

Mahabharata (Vishnu-sahasra-nama-stotra)

suvarna-varno hemango

varangas candanangadi

sannyasa-krc chamah santo

nistha-santi-parayanah

TRANSLATION

In His early pastimes He appears as a householder with a golden complexion. His limbs are beautiful, and His body, smeared with the pulp of sandalwood, seems like molten gold. In His later pastimes He accepts the sannyasa order, and He is equipoised and peaceful. He is the highest abode of peace and devotion, for He silences the impersonalist nondevotees.

Srimad Bhagavatam 7.9.38

ittham nr-tiryag-rsi-deva-jhasavatarair

lokan vibhavayasi hamsi jagat pratipan

dharmam maha-purusa pasi yuganuvrttam

channah kalau yad abhavas tri-yugo 'tha sa tvam

TRANSLATION

In this way, my Lord, You appear in various incarnations as a human being, an animal, a great saint, a demigod, a fish or a tortoise, thus maintaining the entire creation in different planetary systems and killing the demoniac principles. According to the age, O my Lord, You protect the principles of religion. In the age of Kali, however, You do not assert Yourself as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore You are known as Triyuga, or the Lord who appears in three yugas.

Prediction of Lord Gauranga's advent in the form of a brahmana.

In the Adi-Puran and in the Narada Puran, the Supreme Person says:

aham eva dvija-srestho

nityam pracchanna-vigrahah

bhagavad-bhakta-rupena

lokam raksami sarvada

TRANSLATION

I shall advent in the form of a Brahmana devotee [aham eva dvija-srestho] and I shall hide my factual identity [prachanna vigrahah]. I shall deliver all the worlds [lokam raksami sarvada].

Prediction of His advent as a sannyasi.

In the Upa-Puranas, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna speaks to Srila Vyasadeva:

aham eva kvacid brahman

sannyasa asramam asritah

hari bhaktim grahayami

kalau papa-hatan naran

TRANSLATION

O Brahmana, I occasionally take the Sannyas Asram [sannyasa asrama asritah] in an attempt to bring the fallen people of Kali Yuga to take up the path of bhakti or devotional service to Lord Krishna [hari bhaktim grahayami].

Prediction of His actual time of incarnation.

In the Kurma-Purana, it is stated:

kalina dahyamanam

uddhararaya tanu-bhrtam

janma prathama sandhyayam

bhavisyati dvijalaye

TRANSLATION

The Supreme Person will appear in the first part of the age of Kali [janma prathama sandhyayam]. He will appear in the home of a Brahmana [bhavisyati dvijalaye], to save the embodied conditioned souls [uddharaya tanu-bhrtam] burning in the troubles of Kali-Yuga.

Description of the purpose of Sri Caitanya's incarnation.

In the Garuda-Purana, the Supreme Person says:

kalina dakyamananam

paritranaya tanu-bhrtam

janma prathama sandhyayam

karisyami dvijatisu

TRANSLATION

In the first part [prathama sandhya] of the age of Kali, I will come among the brahmanas [karisyami dvijatisu] to save the fallen souls, [paritranaya tanu-bhrtam] who are being burned by the troubles of the age of Kali [kalina dahyamananam].

Prediction of the name of His mother and the actual name of His future birthplace.

In the Garuda-Purana, the Supreme Lord says:

aham purno bhavisyami

yuga-sandhyau visesatah

mayapure navadvipe

bhavisyami sachi sutah

TRANSLATION

I will take birth as the son of Sachi [bhavisyami sachi sutah], in Navadvip-Mayapur [mayapure navadvipe]. I will come in my complete spiritual form in the first part of Kali-Yuga.

Prediction of the name of His future first wife and His future assumption of the sannyasa order.

In the same Garuda-Purana, it is stated:

kaleh prathama sandhyayam

lakshmi- kanto bhavisyati

daru-brahma-samipa-sthah

sannyasi gaura-vigrahah

TRANSLATION

In the first part of Kali-Yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead will come in a gold-like form. First He will become the husband of Lakshmi [srimati Lakshmi Devi, Lord Caitanya's first wife]. Then He will become a sannyasi, near Lord Jagannatha who will appear in a divine wooden form.

Prediction of the bodily color of Sri Caitanya and the nature of His future activities.

In the Nrsimha-Purana, it is said:

satye daitya-kuladhi-nasa-samaye

simhordhva-martyakrtis

tretayam das-kandharam

paribhavan rameti namakrtih

gopalan paripalayan vraja-pure

bharam haran dvapare

gaurangah priya-kirtanah

kali-yuge chaitanya-nama prabhuh

TRANSLATION

"The Supreme Personality of Godhead who in the Satya-Yuga appeared as a half-man, half-lion to cure a terrible disease that had ravaged the daityas, and who in the Treta-Yuga appeared as a person named Rama [Lord Ramachandra], the person who defeated the ten-headed Demon Ravana, and who in the Dvapara-Yuga removed the earth's burden, and protected the Gopa [cowherd men] people of Vraja-pura, will appear again in the Kali-Yuga. His form will be golden, He will delight in chanting the Lord's holy names, and His name will be Caitanya."

One of the oldest prophecies concerning Sri Caitanya’s appearance in this world is found in the Atharva-veda verse, starting as: ito ‘ham krita-sannyaso ‘vatarisyami. In this verse the Supreme states: “I will descend as a sannyasi, a tall, fair, and saintly brahmana devotee, after four to five thousand years of Kali-yuga have passed. I will appear on earth near the Ganges shore and with all the signs of an exalted person, free from material desires. I will always chant the holy names of the Lord, and, thus, taste the sweetness of My own devotional service. Only other advanced devotees will understand Me.”

Mundaka Upanishad (3.3) also relates the prophecy of Sri Caitanya in a different way. It states, “When one realizes the golden form of Lord Gauranga, who is the ultimate actor and the source of the Supreme Brahman, he attains the highest knowledge. He transcends both pious and impious activities, becomes free from worldly bondage, and enters the divine abode of the Lord.”

Another prophecy of the appearance of Sri Caitanya is found in two verses in the Bhavishya Purana. It states:

ajayadhvamaja yadhvam na sansayah

kalau sankirtana rambhe bhavisyami saci sutah

“The Supreme Lord said: ‘In Kali-yuga, I will appear as the son of Saci, and inaugurate the sankirtana movement. There is no doubt about this.’”

anandasru-kala-roma-harsa-purnam tapo-dhana

sarve mam eva draksyanti kalau sannyasa-rupinam

“O sage whose wealth is austerity, in the Kali-yuga everyone will see My form as a sannyasi, a form filled with tears of bliss and bodily hairs standing erect in ecstasy.”

Another is from the Svetasvatara Upanishad (3.12): “Mahaprabhu [the great master], the Supreme Being, is brilliantly effulgent and imperishable like molten gold, and [through sankirtana] bestows spiritual intelligence on the living beings. In the guise of a sannyasi, He is the source of spiritual purity and liberation.” Another is from the Vayu Purana: “In the age of Kali I shall descend as the son of Sachidevi to inaugurate the sankirtana movement.” This is also confirmed in the Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.5.32) where it states: “In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Krishna. Although His complexion is not blackish [like that of Lord Krishna], He is Krishna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions.”

Predictions are predictions,when are they going to be happening?Will they happen?What if BGeetha was any other book written by the creative brain of someone like Bible,Koran which people here consider stupid.

I consider all that has no proof as stupid.That includes Bgeetha as well,whats the proof that Krishna and Arjuna were not any other people like u and me and just faught with the cousins for apeace of land and women and later the story hyped out as Ethihaas or epics and cosmetics added like the divine weapons that would kill 10000 soldiers in one shot and all that.

How He is the “great master” or will “bestow spiritual intelligence” is described in another Upanishad. This is one of the lesser Upanishads known as the Chaitanyopanishad, or Sri Caitanya Upanishad. This comes from the ancient Atharva Veda. In this description there is not only the prediction of His appearance but a description of His life and purpose, and the reasons why His process of spiritual enlightenment is so powerful and effective in this age of Kali. The Chaitanyopanishad is a short text with only nineteen verses. All of them are very significant.

The Sri Caitanya Upanishad (texts 5-11) explains that one day when Pippalada asked his father, Lord Brahma, how the sinful living entities will be delivered in Kali-yuga and who should be the object of their worship and what mantra should they chant to be delivered, Brahma told him to listen carefully and he would describe what will take place in the age of Kali. Brahma said that the Supreme Lord Govinda, Krishna, will appear again in Kali-yuga as His own devotee in a two-armed form with a golden complexion in the area of Navadvipa along the Ganges. He will spread the system of devotional service and the chanting of the names of Krishna, especially in the form of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra; Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

"Predictions are predictions,when are they going to be happening?"

Some have already happened, others still to happen e.g. Kalki will come down in 427,000 years.

"Will they happen?"

Yes, the remaining will also happen, just as the many have.

"What if BGeetha was any other book written by the creative brain of someone like Bible,Koran which people here consider stupid?"

That's speculation. Who said Bible or Koran is stupid? No Acharya has ever said that...

"I consider all that has no proof as stupid."

So why do you eat food, when you have no proof that it isn't poisoned?

"That includes Bgeetha as well,whats the proof that Krishna and Arjuna were not any other people like u and me and just faught with the cousins for apeace of land and women and later the story hyped out as Ethihaas or epics and cosmetics added like the divine weapons that would kill 10000 soldiers in one shot and all that?"

The proof is that Krishna lifted Govardhana Hill on the tip of His little finger for 7 days...You can go and see Govardhana Hill today and one can see that the tremor marks are still there from His lifting it. Kurukshetra is still there. Hastinapura is still there. Kandahara (Gandhar) is still existing. Vrindavana is still there. Kamsa's prison in Mathura is still there. What's the proof that it didn't happen?

Proof can be sought if you chant Hare Krishna Mantra for 10 minutes daily for two weeks. If you see any positive change in your life then consider that as evidence to continue the process. When you become purified and meet Krishna face to face, that will be ultimate proof.

Only uneducated people ask for proof of the unlimited from limited vision. How would you prove to the frog in the well that the ocean exists unless he comes out of the well?

Until you practice the process you won't know for sure. Intelligent people see that there is evidence to suggest that on the balance of probabilities it must be true... How can millions of people chant and dance to Krishna's name all day and not get bored and give up meat-eating, intoxication, gambling and illicit sex?

When you cross the road, how do you know you;re not gonna be run over? Will you ask for proof from every car driver before crossing the road - or will you accept that from previous practice, you have faith that no-one will run you over?

Consider epistemology before you make conclusions.

Your aspiring servant,