IndiaDivine.org

His Grace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yesterday I asked a question about how somebody assumes the title, "His Grace". Nobody replied! That really surprises me. I thought at least somebody in here would know the answer. If that somebody is you, could you please tell me how this title is acquired. Thank you.

Guest guest

Haribol, his grace, if a title, is never applied by the individual, just as a real spiritual master would never cal;l himself a master.

One gives another such titles because of the effect one has on the individual. A student will call a teacher "his grace" because grace of God is received by such a teacher. I could call anyone "his grace" without controversy if such a person affected me in that manner.

Someone will accept such a title, but never with a puffed up attitude, nor will such a title be received by diploma. In the service of Krsna, one will accept the title, but such acceptance is only to take such respect and apply it to the one his grace received such grace from.

It is like guru-puja. A guru will accept guru puja, not because he has the idea that he is worshippable, but unless he accepts such worship from a student, the student will never get a real life experiance of respecting another with such fervor. Many try to ban guru puja, but this is extremely offensive to the process of sadhana bhakti. Guru puja is a means of practice for one to begin the idea of worship, personalizing such worship. Just because unscrupulous persons who are puffed up and take all such worship because of a high estimation of themselves, this banning is throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and very sad indeed.

If anyone thinks that Srila Prabhupada "enjoyed" the worship of his disciples in guru puja, do not know Srila Prabhupada. He never accepted such worship unto himself, rather gathered such worship from his wards to place at the feet of whom He worshipped.

Some may play the title game, and I do not know how to reply to such things, but this is my read on the subject, haribol, ys, mahaksadasa