IndiaDivine.org

Post Mortem Examination on Nirjala Ekadasi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

Wish you had a wonderful Nirjala Ekadashi.

If you are a Christian, hope you read Bible, went to church, meditated on teachings of

the saints and generally had a blast of a time in pure goodness! Same to Jains, Jews,

Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists and rest others at the mailing list.

The practices (like Ekadashi, mahamantra japa, the 7 principles etc.) we speak about at

ACBSPN.COM are like spiritual medical prescriptions that work regardless of the

practitioner's personal religious background.

A medicine is know to be appropriate if "it heals". Period. If you find Ekadashi,

mahamantra japa, Srila Prabhupada's books etc bringing postivity in your life, yup you got

it right. Otherwise it is best to simply dump it. No blind faith, No superstition. Just

plain-old result orientedness.

Yes, just be sure that you understood the prescription exactly as it was meant to be

and then you followed it exactly as it was supposed to be. Our motto is: "SATISFACTION

GUARANTEED!"

Those who couldn't make it thru the Nirjala fast in completeness, take it easy. Cool.

Don’t worry about it. Just meditate on what mistakes we did and where exactly we went

wrong. In case we broke the fast too early or broke it by taking water, now we may

meditate if taking water then was actually necessary? Did we ACTUALLY had to do it, or was it

just uncontrolled passion?

Those who didn't even attempt the fast, take a long hard look and go in for a serious

self critiqe. Give yourself a break. Be your best friend. Prepare yourself for the next

Ekadashi (25th June) and make it up.

We may also analyze our Ekadashi day's mental disposition and our activities of the day

and make a conscious mental note of how we could have fared it better.

Just see, this one Nirjala Ekadashi was so difficult for us. Why?

Maybe its because we never had a *regular practice* of Nirjala fasting, appropriate

services and meditations for Ekadashis. We know we could have done better. Right?

Just imagine, the point of time when we are about to embrace death and leave our

connection with our body. How much attachment will we have to objects connected to our body?

Relatives, friends, finances, un-finished work and so on! Apart from these mental

agonies, there is a good possibility of experiencing rapidly increasing excruciating pain.

How then can we expect that without having constantly practiced the Mahamantra japa will

we be able to bring it to our consciousness at that fleeting but supremely important

point of time of our life?

How can we pass the exam if we did not prepare for it seriously when we had the

opportunity? Specially when we have no clue when will this fleeting point of time come-and-go

taking a fractional timeframe than that of snapping of fingers.

We need to seriously practice Ekadashis regularly, then we are able to do the yearly

Nirjala Ekadashi nicely. Similarly we need to practice japa meditation on a daily basis

to be able to meditate on the Supreme at time of ditaching from the body.

I had two pears the next day at 8:20AM, and I guess I had to just say "No" to food ten times, and "No" to drink another ten times. Of course, each time I remembered Krsna and my fallen status encaged on this planet. The full fast was easy, but I was quite looking forward to the end of it. Yet when I sat down to eat/drink the mind's envisioned feast, it turned out to be two relishable pears; most relishable pears.

I don't eat as much now, and expect to drop a useless pound or two because of Pandava Nirjala. Maybe we should do this twice a month!

My thanks to whoever promoted the day here on the Fellowship. It was definitely an uplifting experience.

gHari

Guest guest

very hot climate

fast

work all day with a hot lap top

16 "poor" rounds

some pages of "the sweet reality" of Srila Sridhara Maharaja

thinking of pasta and pizza all time

breakfast at five with some crackers