IndiaDivine.org

Is drinking wine or liquor Biblical?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is drinking wine or liquor Biblical?

ð Proverbs 23:20 “ Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves with meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.”

ð Proverbs 23:29-35

“ 29: Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?

30: Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.

31: Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!

32: In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.

33: Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things.

34: You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging.

35: “They hit me,” you will say,” But I’m not hurt! They beat me, but I don’t feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?”

ð 1 Peter 4:3 “For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do- living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.”

NOTES: An argument could be that, one does drink but does no harm to anybody. So is he doing the right thing? No WAY. As we see here in God’s word, that God has not put any conditions for the state of drinking. All who drink is in the state of drunkenness and that is detestable to God. So the choice is yours. Choose Lord Jesus’ ways and stay out of drunkenness or follow the pagans, for whom there is Eternal torment/HELL.

ð 1 Timothy 5:23 “ Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illness”

NOTES: One may argue that this verse tells us that it is good to drink wine. It may seem so, however when we see more closely, it definitely conveys us that it should be taken as a medicine. Medicine is always taken in very small quantities and never large quantities (i.e., Mugs or bottles). Hence this verse should not be misinterpreted nor should it be used as a pillar for the uncontrolled passions of drinking.