IndiaDivine.org

The great bhakta who resembles a swan,to the glorious master

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

jaya om visnu-. paramahamsa parivrajakacarya asottara-sata sri srimad bhaktivedanta gosvami maharaja

Srila Prabhupada ki jaya!

"One hundred and eight glories to the wandering mendicant, to the great bhakta who resembles a swan, to the glorious master Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja Prabhupada, who has taken refuge at the lotuslike feet of Visnu."

Guest guest

"Personally, I have no hope for any direct service for the coming crores of births of the sojourn of my life, but I am confident that some day or other I shall be delivered from this mire of delusion in which I am at present so deeply sunk. Therefore let me with all my earnestness pray at the lotus feet of my divine master to allow me to suffer the lot for which I am destined due to my past misdoings, but to let me have this power of recollection: that I am nothing but a tiny servant of the Almighty Godhead, realized through the unflinching mercy of my divine master. Let me therefore bow down at his lotus feet with all the humility at my command."

(Excerpt from Vyasa-Puja speech, February, 1936)

Guest guest

"To feel separation from the Spiritual Master or Krishna is very good position. That means one who is in pure love with Krishna and His Representative, Spiritual Master, he thinks always of Them. And this thinking process is Krishna consciousness. If we can think always of Krishna even in separation, that is Krishna Consciousness. And in the absolute platform, there is no difference of separation and meeting. The separation is also meeting, rather in separation one relishes the loving relationship more tasty. So don't be disappointed that you are separated from me, I am always thinking of you how you are making progress there."

(Srila Prabhupada letter, October 21, 1968)

Guest guest

"Krsna is everyone's friend, and the pure devotee is carrying the friend's message. Therefore, he is a friend. If there is a nice friend, and if somebody gives information about that nice friend, he is also a friend."

(Srila Prabhupada, morning walk, July, 1975)

Guest guest

"We think that we have met Your Goodness by the will of providence, just so that we may accept you as the captain of the ship for those who desire to cross the difficult ocean of Kali, which deteriorates all the good qualities of a human being."

(Srimad-Bhagavatam, 1.1.22)

Guest guest

"The real ocean of mercy is Krsna and it is the duty of the spiritual master to tell his disciple to come to the ocean and be happy. The spiritual master's duty is to lead the disciple to this ocean. I am trying my best and if you try to follow surely you will benefit."

(Srila Prabhupada letter, August 14, 1976)

Guest guest

"Para bhakti, or spontaneous love of God, is the basis of an intimate relationship with the Lord. This highest stage of relationship with the Lord can be attained simply by hearing about Him (His name, form, quality, etc.) from authentic sources like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam,

recited by pure, unalloyed devotees of the Lord."

(Srimad-Bhagavatam, 3.9.5, Purport)

Guest guest

"For the pure devotee of the Lord there is nothing beyond the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord knows that such devotees do not wish anything more than that. The Lord also does not wish to be separated from the lotus hearts of those pure devotees."

(Srimad-Bhagavatam, 3.9.5, Purport)

Guest guest

"Pleasing the spiritual master is the active principle in spiritual life and offerings made with love and devotion are always pleasing to the spiritual master. Please continue in this way.

(Srila Prabhupada letter, July 24, 1976)

Guest guest

"My Lord, my heart breaks to see the sufferings of all conditioned souls; therefore I request You to transfer the karma of their sinful lives upon my head. My dear Lord, let me suffer perpetually in a hellish condition, accepting all the sinful reactions of all living entities. Please finish their diseased material life."

(Cc. Madhya-lila, 15.162-163)

Guest guest

"I am so grateful for your nice sentiments for me, and Krishna will bless you. I am very poor and I have nothing to return for your loving service, but I can simply pray to Krishna for your gradual advancement in Krishna Consciousness. I think that is the best blessing which we can have in this material existence."

(Srila Prabhupada letter, October 21, 1968)

Guest guest

"The Lord is seated in the heart of all living beings, and thus, He knows very well the movements of all individual persons. As soon as the Lord finds that a particular soul is very eager to go back to Godhead, the Lord at once sends His bona fide representative. The sincere devotee is thus assured by the Lord of going back to Godhead. The conclusion is that to get the assistance and help of a bona fide spiritual master means to receive the direct help of the Lord Himself."

(Srimad-Bhagavatam, 1.19.36, Purport)