IndiaDivine.org

Bettering the Understanding of Hindu Scriptures...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is a post supposedly by a Muslim who refers to some verses from Hindu scriptures and points that Hindus are not following the scriptures. It is posted here as a new thread instead of cluttering that thread.

The question here is not mine , it is yours whether you are a believer of the hindu scriptures or not. I am just trying to point you in the direction that you may have forgotten or donot understand.

You better be carefull because I am quoting from your books and you as a hindu are contradicting your own holy books. So you know where your belief stands.

We are discussing Hinduism and not Islam. There is no point speaking about Islam YET. Let us just stick to your scipture.

Further if you find something wrong with your scriptures I think the time has come for you to make changes to them.

KEEP TO THE SCRIPTURES.

Answer and contradict exactly what I am quoting.

BHAGAVAD GITA

The most popular amongst all the Hindu scriptures is the Bhagavad Gita.

Consider the following verse from the Gita:

"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."

[bhagavad Gita 7:20]

The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God

The following verses from the Upanishads refer to the Concept of God:

"Ekam evadvitiyam"

"He is One only without a second."

[Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]1

"Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."

"Of Him there are neither parents nor lord."

[svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]2

"Na tasya pratima asti"

"There is no likeness of Him."

[svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]3

The following verses from the Upanishad allude to the inability of man to imagine God in a particular form:

"Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."

"His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye."

[svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]4

And there you are giving him forms.

Regards

SS

And heres my partial response:

It is true that "The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God". But this doesnot mean we try to despise all the demigods. We have our respect to all the demigods and our highest repect is to the Supreme Personality of Godhead i.e Lord Sri Krishna. Perhaps, this guy (SS ?) is unable to see the contrast in the degrees of respect towards gods. I'd like to give an analogy: The President is supposed to be the highest person of a country. This doesn't mean we disrespect other politicians under his control who are above us.

I hope this analogy helps. Let me know if you need further explanation. I shall respond to the other part of your post when I find time. In the mean time you may try to post all the contradictions you find in scriptures here in this thread. Hope you would get convinced by the responses of various members of this forum.

hAriBoL