IndiaDivine.org

conversion...?

Rate this topic

krishnaseva

I have a question. I have been studying Hinduism and gaining insight into truth and service,but it seems to differ amongst Hindus on the question of can someone convert to Sanaatha Darma. I would like to hear from you on this question... I must admit at times it seems an insurmountible task with all the differing teachings and sects...

Krsnaseva,

I am not a Hindu but i will offer a thought on this question. If nothing else it will bump your question to the top so that others may answer.

Eternal dharma is inherent in all who are eternal. That means every jiva soul. In fact it is the most natural condition for all living beings.

The word conversion carries a lot of baggage. People convert from Islam to Christianity to Hinduism and then to Buddhism. Changing beliefs and rituals as they go. This type of conversion has no value.

We need to get to the changless dharma. Inherent in everysoul as part of its constitution is the propensity to serve God. When this tendancy is misdirected outwardly the soul is said to be in maya. When properly displayed with love to the Supreme Lord it is called bhakti or Vaishnavism and takes place on the liberated platform.

Perhaps awakening would be a better term than conversion.

Of course in the beggining of this awakening process it may appear as changing religions,or conversion. But it's not really. Some religions contain more true bhakti than others and when we perceive this we should then concentrate there. We should always seek the highest good for ourselves the soul.

This I see as a continuum of awakening rather than a mere conversion of tradions and belief systems.

Hare Krishna

I am a 'hindu' myself I think maybe you are thinking of 'converting' to Sanaatha Darma, thinking it is some sort of Hindu ONLY religion, the soul is the same in every being, so its sanatana dharma has to be the same, I think maybe somebody said to you its not possible to become a 'Hindu' therefore yo are all confused. but then I have no idea of your situation prabhu /images/graemlins/confused.gif