IndiaDivine.org

Air?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

maybe he ment not only air we breath, but what is refered to as the "life airs" that the soul is said to float on. i have heard that phrase but not sure exactly what it refers to, or how it works.

yeah that's possible. Something too subtle for me to try and answer.

We know the soul is is the subtlest and not dependent on anything but Krsna for its existence.

Perhaps someone will explain how the body is dependent on the life airs and how the soul is "carried" by them.

I would like to know also.

Srila Prabhupada speaks often of the life airs and how different things will affect them either in the positive or the negative. He speaks of a certain flower which will affect in the positive for instance.

The life airs are mentioned in Bhagavad Gita also.

However, I have never really understood exactly what this life air is. I am in the process of a websearch and have not really come up with any detailed explanations.

Here is one that I have found:

Vishnujana Swami: Yes. It's a fact. The living soul is contained within four chambers of the heart and there are four subtle airs, not like this air but subtle airs, prana, which contaminate the soul's consciousness. The soul itself never contacts matter, but the consciousness of the soul contacts these airs, and by his consciousness he's implicated. Just like for example, sunlight. Sunlight can be filtered by a red filter, a blue filter, and therefore the sunlight becomes perverted or colored. But the sun planet isn't colored. Similarly, the soul is not colored by the material elements, but the consciousness of the soul becomes colored.