IndiaDivine.org

If one tastes the nectar of Caitanya-caritamrta with faith and love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE BENEDICTION OF HEARING CAITANYA-CARITAMRTA

What ordinary living being can describe the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu? I have only indicated the general direction in the form of codes. The pastimes and methods of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are uncommon. Unfortunate is he who cannot believe even after hearing all these things. From beginning to end the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are uncommon. Just hear them with faith and accept them as true and correct. Whoever argues about this is a great fool. He intentionally and personally brings a thunderbolt down upon his head. The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are an ocean of nectar. Even a drop of this ocean can inundate the whole world with transcendental bliss.

Men become strong and stout by eating sufficient grains, but the devotee who simply eats ordinary grains but does not taste the transcendental pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Krsna gradually becomes weak and falls down from the transcendental position. However, if one drinks but a drop of the nectar of Krsna's pastimes, his body and mind begin to bloom, and he begins to laugh, sing and dance. The readers should relish this wonderful nectar because nothing compares to it. Keeping their faith firmly fixed within their minds, they should be careful not to fall into the pit of false arguments or the whirlpools of unfortunate situations. If one falls into such positions, he is finished.

The pastimes of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu are the essence of nectar. From the stream of one of His pastimes flow hundreds and thousands of branches. Anyone who reads and hears these pastimes with faith and love can understand the truth about devotional service, devotees and the transcendental mellows of the pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. One who hears about the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with faith and love will certainly attain ecstatic love for the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu without fail. Narrations of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's activities are just like nectar to hear. Indeed, they satisfy both the ears and mind. One who tastes the nectar of these activities is certainly very fortunate.

All the devotees connected with this Krsna consciousness movement must read all the books that have been translated (Caitanya-caritamrta, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Bhagavad-gita and others); otherwise, after some time, they will simply eat, sleep and fall down from their position. Thus they will miss the opportunity to attain an eternal, blissful life of transcendental pleasure. (CC Madya-lila 18-224-228, 25.278-279, Antya-lila 5.162-163, 10.160-161)

If one hears the pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as described in Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, I wash his lotus feet and drink the water. I decorate my head with the dust of the lotus feet of my audience. Now you have all drunk this nectar, and therefore my labor is successful. Caitanya-caritamrta is filled with the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. It invokes all good fortune and destroys everything inauspicious. If one tastes the nectar of Caitanya-caritamrta with faith and love, I become like a bumblebee tasting the honey of transcendental love from his lotus feet. (Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Goswami CC Antya-lila 20.151-154)

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare