IndiaDivine.org

Question on Nanda Kishore

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Now I understand the fact that Krishna is the supreme personality of the Godhead, ofcourse he is, but why do they call him "Son of Nanda" in Bhagavatham when proclaiming that he is the supreme personality of the Godhead.

Forgive me, if I am not making bhagavatham sink into my mind through a more submissive method, but it is the inquisitive mind which creates the problem.

Pregunta: Krishna is almighty right? and he is the original Adi Pursham (just like in Govindam Adi purusham, maha bhajami song) . Then, why do they proclaim that supreme personality of the Godhead is krishna who is the "Son of Nanda Maharaj" as if krishna originally came from Nanda Maharaj?

Gracias senores.

Guest: why do they proclaim that supreme personality of the Godhead is krishna who is

the "Son of Nanda Maharaj" as if krishna originally came from Nanda Maharaj?

There's a nice verse in Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita:

svayam bhagavan krsna ekale isvara

advitiya, nandatmaja, rasika-sekhara

Krsna, the reservoir of all pleasure, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, the supreme controller. No one is greater than or equal to Sri Krsna, yet He appears as the son of Maharaja Nanda.

(Cc. Adi 7.7)

Why does he appear in the household of Nanda Maharaja? To enjoy different kinds of pleasure by exchanging love with those exclusively devoted to Him. There's a great secret here; don't tell anyone. Practicing bhakti is a way we may get control over the Supreme Personality of Godhead. (shhh!)

Practicing bhakti is a way we may get control over the Supreme Personality of Godhead. (shhh!)

Yea, but still, it does give the impression that Krishna comes from Nanda maharaj.

He, who is the cause of all causes, appears as Nanda's darling son. That's His play. He does so as a form of enjoyment, and to give pleasure to different kinds of devotees.It's bewildering to those who lack devotional love and charming to the extent we have some. This is inconceivable to to materially conditioned minds and senses. Therefore, Krishna is called adhokshaja--beyond the ken of the mind and senses.

It is bewildering to me, it is true. Thats because I don't really have devotion for Krishna. I have too many material plans for myself. Maybe that is the cause of all this delusion.