IndiaDivine.org

"This is not my business," then you are out of maya. "This is not," ma-ya.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Srimad-Bhagavatam 6.1.47 Dallas, July 29, 1975

If we cultivate rajo-guna... Rajo-guna means kama-lobha, kama, simply desiring. This is called rajo-guna. "I want this, I want this, I want this." Because there is no satiation of want, therefore every man or woman planning something, "How my sense gratification will be fully satisfied." This is rajo-guna, kama. Everyone is forgetting his real business. His real business is he should know, one should know, that "I am eternal. I have taken this temporary body and subjected to the laws of nature, birth, death and old age. So my real problem is how to become again eternal, not accepting any more birth, death, old age. That is my real business." But because I am infected with the material modes of nature, we are making different plans. Everyone is busy. Everyone is busy in different plans, forgetting his real business. This is called maya. Maya means..., ma means not; ya means this. Therefore maya means when you understand, "This is not my business," then you are out of maya. "This is not," ma-ya.