IndiaDivine.org

Rationale shows Hinduism is not sectarian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

many Hk's quickly say, without much thought behind,

that hinduism is sectarian.

so, let us see with logic if it is.

sectarian, i think, means something belonging to certain locality or certain race, and not for all.

originally the word hindu meant to the invader muslims to mean the people living on the east side of river sindhu.

so, the religion followed by hindus is called hinduism.

now, the religion followed by the people of indian subcontinent is actually sanatana dharma or varnasrama dharma whose main scripture is the ancient vedas, and vedas' summary is gita.

gita is well known now all over the world as the book of hinduism. (it is also known that hinduism has so much religious scriptures that no other religion has that much to offer.) in gita or in the vedas no where it says "this dharma is only for the people of india or bharat or ajanabhakhsnad," or any thing like it. that dharma is for all the people of all the time and locations and color and race. this varnasrama includes vaishnavism among other ways of realizing god. so vaishnavism is not sectarian because varnasrama is not sectarian.

hinduism is just a new name of varnasrama, and varnasrama is not sectarian. therefore hinduism is not sectarian.

Hk's are vaishavas only. therefore they also are not sectarian, and KC is not sectarian either.

KC is vaishnavism, nothing more nothing less.

so, with that rationale understood,

i really pray that non one ever says

hinduism is sectarian.

it just is not true.

now when we ask- is hinduism sectarian,

let us ask:

- is islam sectarian?

- is . sectarian?

could any one give good logical and true answer for it?

jai sri krishna! -madhav

I didn't bother to answer this sentimental drivel since there is yet to be demonstrated any scriptural definition of the word "Hinduism."

Any attempt to define "Hinduism" therefore is purely subjective.

But feel free to think you are some kind of dig-vijay pundit since no one wanted to dignify this politically-correct white-wash with a real response. I just don't care.