IndiaDivine.org

what is the devotee waking up time ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry, I am asking too many questions at the same time. Sorry if this bothers any one here, I do not really mean to flood this place. I will stop if I am asking stupid questions.

This is my last question, what time should a devotee wake up and go to sleep?what should he do when he wakes up in the morning after he wakes up?how should he worship krishna and can he spice things up a bit? Can he chant before he baths himself? or should I take a shower before chanting?

No set time. Temple inhabitants wake up at 3:30 or 4. Householders adjust their schedules and try to catch as much of the pre-dawn hours as possible as that is said to be the best time for meditation.

The rest of us try to remember Krsna whenever we can.

Chant Hare Krsna before you bath, during your bath and afterwards.

The goal is to chant in our dream bodies at night also.

after a shower.... you can have a complete spiritual program (like in an iskcon/harekrishna temple) performed by you alone or with others

(guruvastakam, harekrishna kirtan, narasimha prayers, tulasi puja, prayer to six goswamis, 16 japa rounds, govindam prayers, guru puja, harekrishna kirtan, listening/giving a srimad bhagavatam class)

(.... more details from me or others if required)

or you can simply rise in an hour to be able to chant 16 japa rounds of harekrishna mahamantra before starting with your activities (job, study etc,)