IndiaDivine.org

Knocking On Heaven's Door

Rate this topic

Hmmm… I'll try and keep this momentum going (I said to myself).

THE STAGE:

I think there exists alot of potential through the internet medium. We are certainly inspiring each other through the medium of this board.

I want to see alot of KC websites. I want to see the many devotees express themselves to others - showing their particular devotion to Krsna. I mean surely we all want to see this.

All we have to do is think what we want to say and how we want to say it. The web medium can be much more powerful in presenting KC than the books (I personally think the books are a great basis for a site) can because of the video and audio association… filling the senses …if it is done right. And one site can reach everywhere!

There are some really nice KC websites with great material starting to appear.

THE ACT:

I would like to encourage - again - everyone to do their own site. It is my hope that by giving everyone the idea that they can have a professional looking site, they will act to do their own.

I will not commit the many hours it takes to actually produce the site, but my wife and I can give advice on how to get started and how to do it.

We would basically ART DIRECT… this is a consulting role. We offer suggestions on how to improve what you are trying to do so that the end result is what you want and at the same time, effective communication through graphics and navigation.

This doesn't tie up too much of our time, but allows intelligent persons to take advantage of professional-level experience.

This offer is extended to anyone, including those that already have a site. We will be happy to offer help if asked. We can critique it. (There's not much to improve on the IndiaDivne page. It's really tight.)

We helped Madhudvisa with his site here: www.queenkunti.com …just something to help him sell his book. There was little effort by Madhudvisa or us here, but it's sufficient.

We did the new Vedabase design, but last I checked it was still not up. It was suppose to go up 6 months ago. We also did the new vedabase design inside the portfolio. Our advice on color-coding helped alot. They wanted certain colors, but where the color is used in the text and it's relation to each other is much better.

My site underconstruction is an example. I want to do a site based on Prabhupada's books and other biographic materials. Now I will probably look for a way to sneak in several political comments.

My wife's portfolio and credentials are here: www.jbrportfolio.com

We can be contacted here: vedas@sbcglobal.net

Hare Krsna. My name is Steven.

P.S.

What we really should be discussing is how to do practical things…

"The store owner threatened you for preaching? Well, do this Prabhu… "

… that was the MAGIC of the PRABHUPADA years. LOVE means SERVICE.

I'll push it even further! Let's all cooperate on a site! We'll put Prabhupada's books up and decide everything else through a democratic process; name, design and content. In this case, I would be willing to take a large part of the production action,/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paz has been kind enough to share the design of his site with me, at least in earlier stages. it may have evolved from what he showed me. He knows what he's doing, and his wife's work is really good. I think anyone who wants to put up a site but who needs help with design would do well to consult with Steven and Judith. I plan to, but I'd have to do it on a barter basis.

Babhru,

I had just written my reply below and checking around to confirm my feelings when I found your reply. You're like a mentor to me. Thank you so much for your comments.

About the barter basis. Seriously, I would love to help people of your caliber in whatever endeavors you have - no bartering necessary.

P.S.

I feel I'm spending too much time here reading and posting (sometimes between 2 to 6 hours a day)… because some of the threads are so interesting. I'm gonna spend more of my time doing something practical.

I'm not finishing up here – I'm taking a rest as Priitaa suggest. I need to focus more on my devotional goals.

I'll continue enjoying the many posts I read here. Be back later.

(for devotees needing website art direction, we're still available and replying to all the emails we get). Hare Krsna! Keep the faith.

Mama, take this badge off of me

I can't use it anymore.

It's gettin' dark, too dark for me to see

I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door

Mama, put my guns in the ground

I can't shoot them anymore.

That long black cloud is comin' down

I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

- Bob Dillon