IndiaDivine.org

india/israel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

does anyone know if there is any reference in vedic texts to a relationship between the people of israel and the people of india in ancient times? or how judaism developed in relation to indian spirituality? is there a connection?

Well, a lot of Jews fled to India. The Jews were mainly in Cochin and Bombay. When the British came, they wanted to give the Jews a hard time, but a lot of Indians stuck up for them. Then Israel came, and most of the Jews moved to Israel. There is a famous photograph of Indira Gandhi greeting the very last of the Cochin Indian Jews.

wow, thank you. this is only 2000 years ago though. i was wondering about further back, way back, maybe if they had contact with krsna when he lived in india, or did he also go other places? i have a lot of questions, but dont know where to find this information

Hare Krishna,

wow, thank you. this is only 2000 years ago though. i was wondering about further back, way back, maybe if they had contact with krsna when he lived in india, or did he also go other places? i have a lot of questions, but dont know where to find this information

I have only one question. Had the condition been reversed where Hindus were driven out of India and asked Israel/Jews for protection and land what could have happened ?

The answer is jews(majority) would have looked at us Hindus like any other pagan with disgust and contempt. These people(like their semitic counterparts, christians and muslims) are full of bigotry.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Guest,

We have already discussed this subject in this forum, more specifically the background of Abraham, formerly Abram. Ab-Ram meaning the son of Ram, the powerful Indian deity. You should search in this site the terms: Abraham, Moses.

Obviously, the Guest who is trying to establish a contact between Israel and India is not racist.

Why are you making him pay for the sins he did not commit? It is certainly not a very civilized behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...