IndiaDivine.org

Uncivilized State of Affairs

Rate this topic

Can't find the thread I was going to post this to…

Hridayananda…

So we should try to follow Christ in the sense of… Like Christ said, if one looks with lust then he sins in his heart. Is that right?

So in the modern society, ever effort is made using the latest state of the art - psychological - techniques, communication to provoke lust in us. Isn't it?

… Just to sell stupid products …things that will even kill us: cigarrettes, whiskey … all these nonsense things.

So it's a very uncivilized state of affairs. It's a litttle barbaric.

Prabhupada…

"Raksasa means almost man-eater. For their self satisfaction they can eat even their own sons. They're called raksasas. No sense. My sense gratification should be satisfied, never mind, you go to hell. This is the age. We create a machine that everyone comes and becomes smashed in that machine and my sense satisfaction is there. Although I'll never be happy by such sense satisfaction. This is going on. You can know that this world is now managed by the raksasas. They don't mind what is happening. They're prepared to sacrifice everything for fulfilling their whimsical nonsense. They're called raksasas. They are very much enamoured by this material civilization. They cannot understand and they will never try to understand because they are raksasas." (SPL66-036)

Happiness is available for he who exploits the most and can therefore buy the best and the most. I think it was Alan Watts that pointed out so long ago the best and the most has been produced only by other top exploiters.

Our individual compliance with this mess is properly noted. It is because we are thinking there is something worthwhile to acquire here that we make ourselves exploitable.

It is embarassing that I can see the foolishness of this world yet am still attracted enough to stay. That is the definition of a true fool.