IndiaDivine.org

offering of manjari garlands

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all, PAMHO AGTSP...Is it ok to offer Tulasi Manjari garlands on Sri Sri Nitai Gaura Hari's wrists?

Any scriptural quotes on the matter or whether Srila Prabhupada would approve?

Thank you

Hare Krishna

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krishna, so you should offer at His feet(Lord Caitanya), sometimes tulasi leafs are placed in the hand of Srimari Radharani to offer to Lord Krishna, why would you want to put a garland on Sri Sri Gaura-nitai's wrists, I don't understand /images/graemlins/confused.gif

cos there are so many manjaris here and we need to use them all up since they take the strength of the plant....we make garlands for the necks, ankles and one fired up bhaktin made some to decorate the wrists too.However the head pujari did not want to offer so we r enquiring....

your question is very important.. generally gaura nitai want to be considered devotees, sadakas, not god, so, as a devotee, the guru, would never accept tulasi offered to his feet, maybe it is not appropriate

i am not competent, but, to avoid mistakes i would not offer tulasi garlands to gaura nitai

Thank you for your kind response. Please forgive me ....but your answer gives rise to another question. If we were 2 worship them as devotees...renunciates as They were, then does that means we should not offer opulent dress, fancy jewelry, and six oppulent offering? What did Srila Prabhupada want us to do? It seems from pics we see of Nitai Gaura Hari Deities that were worshipped in his physical presence that he allowed the devotees to worship Them in the mood of SS Krsna Balaram. Please correct me if I am wrong. One thought is that although scriptures may have various things to say, our acarya ...Srila Prabhupada adjusted things for us in Kali yuga. What to do? Thanxs.

Acarya preaches according to time place and circumstance....like Srila Prabhupada changed no of rounds, allowed mataji pujaris etc....did not mean it in a bad way...pls 4give me

It seems from pics we see of Nitai Gaura Hari Deities that were worshipped in his physical presence that he allowed the devotees to worship Them in the mood of SS Krsna Balaram. Please correct me if I am wrong. One thought is that although scriptures may have various things to say, our acarya ...Srila Prabhupada adjusted things for us in Kali yuga. What to do? Thanxs.

••there's not an adjustement of srila prabhupada, in all gaudya tradition gaura nitai are dressed like god, no as sannyasi/avadhuta, but whitout some specifical attributes of god.. like the peacock feather.. there's not so much creativity on this subject.. better to ask to experts and not doing it by taste or feeling

Eh? Our acarya? and change? contradiction ahoy!

••an important aspect of acharya is that he makes many changes.. otherwise there would be no need of him... /images/graemlins/smile.gif