IndiaDivine.org

Nature of Everything

Rate this topic

Hridayananda…

Our philosophy is that no one ever becomes equal to God in all respects. Prabhupda said the quality of consciousness is the same, not the quantity.

But still the pure devotee knows everything because he knows the true nature of everything. And Prabhupada said he knows whatever Krsna wants him to know because the position of a pure devotee is not like a material scientist that tries to get all knowledge. A pure devotee simply tries to please Krsna. And whatever he needs… Just like in a big company, whatever the department needs to know, he leader sends a memo. Isn't it? So whatever Prabhupada needs to know, immediately Krsna sends a memorandum. And then he knows it.

Bg 16.8 TEXT 8

TRANSLATION

They say that this world is unreal, that there is no foundation and that there is no God in control. It is produced of sex desire, and has no cause other than lust.

PURPORT

The demoniac conclude that the world is phantasmagoria. There is no cause, no effect, no controller, no purpose: everything is unreal. They say that this cosmic manifestation arises due to chance material actions and reactions. They do not think that the world was created by God for a certain purpose. They have their own theory: that the world has come about in its own way and that there is no reason to believe that there is a God behind it. For them there is no difference between spirit and matter, and they do not accept the Supreme Spirit. Everything is matter only, and the whole cosmos is supposed to be a mass of ignorance. According to them, everything is void, and whatever manifestation exists is due to our ignorance in perception. They take it for granted that all manifestation of diversity is a display of ignorance. Just as in a dream we may create so many things, which actually have no existence, so when we are awake we shall see that everything is simply a dream. But factually, although the demons say that life is a dream, they are very expert in enjoying this dream. And so, instead of acquiring knowledge, they become more and more implicated in their dreamland. They conclude that as a child is simply the result of sexual intercourse between man and woman, this world is born without any soul. For them it is only a combination of matter that has produced the living entities, and there is no question of the existence of the soul. As many living creatures come out from perspiration and from a dead body without any cause, similarly, the whole living world has come out of the material combinations of the cosmic manifestation. Therefore material nature is the cause of this manifestation, and there is no other cause. They do not believe in the words of Krsna in Bhagavad-gita: mayadhyaksena prakrtih suyate sa-caracaram. “Under My direction the whole material world is moving.” In other words, amongst the demons there is no perfect knowledge of the creation of this world; every one of them has some particular theory of his own. According to them, one interpretation of the scriptures is as good as another, for they do not believe in a standard understanding of the scriptural injunctions.

Hridayanada…

The demons as Krsna says here think, "There is nothing but these transformations. There's nothing underlying these things… so called substrate. No underlying truth which is supporting all these changes. There's no ultimate truth.

So let us say you have a garden. On a smoggy day or foggy day it looks very dull and gray. When the sun comes out it looks green. So is it dull or green? What is it?

So the demons will say, "Nothing. It's nothing. It's everything… it's nothing. There is no 'way it is'. It's just whatever it looks like today that's what it is. Whatever I feel like, whatever I think is the truth today is for me today. And if I think something else tomorrow that's true for me tomorrow. However it looks to me… Just like marriage. There is no higher truth, no duty to God. I like you today - alright I like you. Tomorrow, I don't like you. So beat it."

So there's no higher truth. It's just like whatever you feel like today or tomorrow - whatever you think - there's no way it is. There's no interpretation of the scriptures that's true. Everyone has their own opinion. This is the demon's idea. Satyam… there is no truth. And (Sanskrit)… there is no foundation holding us up. There's nothing making all this happen. It's just sort of happening.