IndiaDivine.org

Who is a true follower of Guru?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

!

TRUE FOLLOWER OF GURU

Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja

The teachings that are coming through our paramparā are true, they are coming from Mahaprabhu. They are our sadācāra, our regulative principle. They are law for all humanity. This law, this sadācāra, has come down to us through paramparā. If we disrespect it, if we don’t execute it in our life, if we add any deliberation, if we twist it, then we will become offenders. We will commit offence by not obeying the orders of guru, nāmāparādha. Then we will be far away from the lotus feet of our guru.

If in order to execute, to obey the order of my guru, it is needed to become very proud, I will never hesitate to become very proud. If it is needed to become an animal, I will never hesitate to become an animal. If it is needed to go to hell for guru, I will never hesitate to do it. That is how to ex-ecute the order of the guru. That is how to become a true follower of guru. I will never hesitate to do it. I will never hear from anyone but my guru. Those who are say-ing something different from this teaching coming down through bonafide paramparā, from Mahaprabhu — we will never listen to them. If somebody says something dif-ferent, then like Bhimasen, with my fist I will crush it. I will destroy it. I will defeat it. I am so proud. With just one speck of dust from the lotus feet of my guru, crores and crores of people of this world will be delivered. You should understand how powerful one little speck of dust of my guru’s lotus feet is. There is no such a scholar as my guru. I will never accept anyone else as a scholar. There is no such teachings as those that my guru has im-parted to be found in any human being, or in any demigod. No one else can give such teachings. There is nothing in this world that is as heavy as a tiny speck of dust from the lotus feet of my guru. This is the follower of true paramparā. I am following such paramparā.

— From a lecture given in Bhubaneswar on 7 April 1992.