IndiaDivine.org

One Little Hitch

Rate this topic

ancient_paztriot

Hridayananda…

Guest: The soul like it's eternal, it's full of bliss and knowledge, then um, what is it in the individual that suffers?

Hridy: The mind. Imagine someone for example bought a brand new car; spent all his money on this car. Unfortunately, he didn't get insurance yet. And then suddenly he hears a big crash, terrible noise and glass breaking and metal crunching. And he thinks i'ts his car everything gone, finnished. You see, so he's suffering. Then he look out the window and sees it wasn't his car. He's happy and it was just some other poor guy's car.

So in the same way we think we are this body. So how did that happen that we think I am this body? Why would anyone in their right mind even want to think they are this body? Because the body is temporary…

You have a choice here: Do you want to be A) temporary or B) eternal? Most people will say, "Oh, I want to be eternal."

You go to the doctor and he asks, "Do you want me to save you or kill you?" Most people would say save me.

So have a choice of being temporary or eternal, most people will say, "Ok, I'll be eternal."

And then if you say do you want to be full of knowledge or ignorant? "Knowledge".

Pleasure or pain? "I'll take pleasure."

So then if it's a fact that all these things are in the soul, then why don't they take the soul? There's one little hitch: that you are not God.

"I don't want it."