IndiaDivine.org

u.r.m.i.l.a.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Whatever arguments are between ISKCON and BV Narayan Maharaj, ISKCON should not deprive this young girl of an education with fellow devotee children. She has no control who her parents choose to invite to their home. ISKCON's actions are in very bad taste.

I never understood why children like this are banned from gurukulas. If they're not on the schoolyard taunting other children with "my guru is better than yours!", then what is the problem? Contamination? Hardly. I went to school with people from all kinds of religions and backgrounds. I never envied anyone because they had more money than me, or a cooler religion than mine seemed.

After all the transgressions ISKCON committed against children both directly and indirectly, I think it's only fair that at the very least devotee children are not punished for the non-ISKCON beliefs of their parents.

it is the daughters that are initiated disciples of Narayana maharaja, along with the mother.

BUT,

I do not agree at all that they should not be able to attend because of a non- ISKCON guru.

Children are children and they should all be allowed the same education that all devotee children are given.

Aren't we supposed to have compassion for all beings in the world, especially fellow devotees?

I haven't seen anything in any Prabhupada book or scriptures that says anything about denying any other devotee association or access to the same resources someone in ISKCON receives. After all, Prabhupada said everything we need to know was written in his books, Right?

Just my 2 cents.