IndiaDivine.org

How to respond

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

...to someone, like your spouse who is not a devotee, totally disrespects you for being Krishna Concious and only reading Prabhupadas books, or reading online about Krishna.

I asked him if he would rather have me go to the bar and dance with a bunch of men I don't know, instead of going to the temple? He said no. I asked him if he would rather me read trashy novels, and read Cosmopolitan and read a bunch of dumb articles I could care less about? His response was- At least mix it up a little.

He views Krishna Conciousness as a cult. He cannot get over that. I have tried to explain to him that people have been worshiping Krishna for over 5000 years, we cannot all be deluded into knowing Krishna is God!

I just wish he would not view it as a cult. that is what bothers me so much.

I have a little alter set up in a small cabinet in our room (he said I could put it in one place in the house, but not all over, so that is my one place)Our son closed the doors on it the other day, and I told him not to do that. My husband said I would do it if you were not home. I said- you can't, I want them open. I do something when I open the doors in the morning, and when I close them in the evening. He just looked perplexed.

It is just so hard to explain why we do certain things to someone who has no desire to learn anything about Krishna, or why we do certain things.

Has anyone had to deal with this and been able to successfully have someone accept this and not view it as a cult?

Hare Krishna

A.

Hare Krsna

I heard about a pastime, of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada's Sister was having some trouble with her Husband, who was Not very much inclined to Krsna Consiousness,

So Srila Prabhupada being kind upon his sister, adviced her to offer her husband KRNSA Prasadam, and later on the latter became a very nice devotee.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

I heard that her husband was not a devotee, and a meat eater. Prabhupada used to praise her because she was so chaste that even though she was a devotee of Krishna, she would still cook meat for her husband, because it was her duty as his wife.

I have no idea what her husband did to show he was against KC, but I feel I can relate to her in the sense of a non devotee spouse.

A.