IndiaDivine.org

Even though completely smashed, they still maintain that they are right

Rate this topic

krsna

SCISSOR PHILOSOPHY

Posted Image

Two men were arguing about which cutting instruments should be used, a knife or scissors. "Knife!" said one. "No, scissors!" said the other. Their talk became a heated fight. "If you don't agree," said the man who advocated the knife, "I will throw you in the river." "No, I'll never change my mind. It's scissors!" So the knife advocate threw the other into the swift river. He swam for a while but became exhausted and began to sink. But he was so stubborn about holding his point of view, that even after sinking under the water to his death, he held up his arm and crossed his fingers back and forth like a pair of scissors cutting.

MORAL:

Stubborn people such as scientists or impersonalists will never accept defeat. Even though completely smashed, they still maintain that they are right.

One reason is that they have rejected the spiritual side from the beginning of their investigations.

A good example is DNA Crick. He ha soent his life looking for the self within the brain. He can't find it amongst the neyrons so what does he include? That the self must be of a subtler make up from what we call matter. No he concludes the self doesn't exist and is just and illusion.

"ribbit"

Guest guest

MORAL:

Stubborn people such as scientists or impersonalists will never accept defeat. Even though completely smashed, they still maintain that they are right.

It's a good thing there are no stubborn people here.

This title

"Re: Even though completely smashed, they still maintain that they are right "

... reminds me of the apaurusheya discussion not so long ago.