IndiaDivine.org

Why do we break promises?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

"Krishna I will do this for you today" : I broke that.

"Krishna I will read Bhagavatham today": Yep broke that too.

"Krishna I will most certainly wake up at 4:30 in the morning tomorrow and I will start chanting and I will also listen to Gita" : Yep broke that too.

"Krishna I will wake up early in the morning only if you wake me up, I can't do it myself": I get up at 5:30 and then go back to sleep.

Then I find myself saying,

"Krishna my work is for you even if it has nothing to do with Bhakti for you"

I can find myself breaking promises like the examples above. Help me some one!

And underestimate the problem, the effects of lifetimes of conditioning to forget Sri Krsna.

Our overestimation of ourselves is directly linked to our underestimation of God.

The pride and pomp of waking early, following the regs, meditating on God, et cetera need to be eradicated. Showing us as impotent insignificant powerless specs is certainly one way to defeat our delusions of grandeur. Then we will appreciate and cherish the mercy, the pleasure and privilege of being allowed to rise early with the birds to listen to the names of Lord Sri Krsna and Rama.

Hare Krsna

I too have this problem, I think better to be truthfull with yourself, think deeply

'what can I do?' for KRSNA everyday?

Be honest, if you fool yourself into thinking you can do so many things, when you fail, you will just get more and more offensive, you will see yourself, how bad the situation is, right now for you, its like a viousous(sp) Circle, you have to break it now.

The suggestion is this is Start for you, when you progress, you shall be a little more confident, to not break any vows, and even if you do, with the experience you have NOW, of the madness of it all, you won't stay 'fallen' for long.

Hope this helped, hare krsna, Bhaja Nityananda.

False pride,false ego of 'I' the doer

'I' the maker of'my' own destiny has to be totally eradicated so that the KC mood of 'I' am simply a tiny beggar of prema

at the lotus feet of Sri Guru and Sri Gouranga.

=============================================

And underestimate the problem, the effects of lifetimes of conditioning to forget Sri Krsna.

Our overestimation of ourselves is directly linked to our underestimation of God.

The pride and pomp of waking early, following the regs, meditating on God, et cetera need to be eradicated. Showing us as impotent insignificant powerless specs is certainly one way to defeat our delusions of grandeur. Then we will appreciate and cherish the mercy, the pleasure and privilege of being allowed to rise early with the birds to listen to the names of Lord Sri Krsna and Rama.

-=======================================