IndiaDivine.org

Sayings of BR Sridhar Maharaj

Rate this topic

sudhaya

http://www.guardian-of-devotion.de/sayings/sayings.htm

1. If you follow the path of surrender, real knowledge becomes your servant.

2. Faith in the devotees grants us the most substantial help.

3. Faith is the only capital by which we can make our journey towards the Infinite.

4. If we do everything for Him, everything will be very beautifully done.

5. He who loves Me, does not really love Me; but one who loves my servitor - his love for Me is more real.

6. The soul can only be satisfied in the Absolute Beauty; any partial representation of the Absolute, or even eternal existence, cannot satisfy his quest.

7. Krsna consciousness is the centre. If the centre is clear, then the circumference is properly located.

8. The quality of the truth is measured by the degree and intensity of our surrender to it - to the point of no return.

9. Ecstasy personified is Krsna Himself, and He feels, tastes and enjoys Himself; but only through faith is it possible to transmit and distribute that ecstasy and joy to others. Faith is the very nature of the hladini-sakti, the ecstasy potency, which is represented in full by Srimati Radharani.

10. Half-truth is more dangerous than falsehood.

11. Apprehension and uncertainty are always troubling you; you must cross beyond them, go up, and you will find sivam - no apprehension, but the positive life.

12. A man should be judged by his ideal.

Extreme hankering for the truth is in itself happiness.

13. We should have a immovable connection with reality, an absolute conception of reality. Such a stable position is necessary.

14. Humility means 'to not encroach on the rights of others.' And also, it should not be such as to kill one's own self. It must be natural.

15. A guide, sadhu-sanga, is the most important factor in the life of a bona fide seeker of the truth.

16. The essence of love lives by distribution; not by absorbtion, but by distribution. That is love. Prema is that which exists by its tendency of distribution, and that is the highest.

17. Whatever we may experience, the most central need for fulfillment remains, love. The absolute king of everything is love.

18. Attraction is the most fundamental element everywhere. All else can be eliminated and forgotten if we come in touch with attraction and love.

19. Love is the principle in the center which is the only fulfillment of all existence. The very gist of existence is there; it can't be ignored or challenged by any other forms or aspects of our substantial existence. It is unchangeable and absolute.

20. Coming in clash with the principle of love, all will have to accept defeat. This is the most substantial thing.

21. After liberation, beyond calculative devotion, in the highest plane of the whole creation, eternal love reigns supreme.

22. That we may live in the waves of the ocean of love is the highest objective of our lives.

23. So, give up your wild-goose-chasing habit and collect and concentrate all your might to progress in this line; try to go to the temple of love divine.

24. Although it is impossible, the infinite is defeated by the finite. What is that unthinable position? It can only be attained through love.

25. We are quarreling in a foreign land for fictitious gain. But Krsna is engaged in a loving search for His long lost servants.

26. Faith is the most subtle thing, and it is also the most tangible. It is not imaginary. We must realize that it is reality, it is concrete, and not merely an abstract sentiment of mere individual consciousness.

27. Faith is universal as the most fundamental element that can connect us with the finest objective.

28. Faith is the only means through which we can see, hear, or feel the higher world; otherwise it is all meaningless to us.

29. Faith has no connection with the so-called reality of this world. It is completely independent.

30. The guidance of saints is our only hope. We must depend on them. They stand like lighthouses in the infinite ocean to guide us to the land of faith.

31. Faith means hope in the infinite.

32. In the world of faith, everything may be true by the sweet will of the Absolute.

33. Faith is firm conviction that by serving Krishna all other purposes are autimatically served.

34. There is a world which is guided only by faith. Faith is everything there, and it is infinite and all accommodating.

35. Faith is the halo of Srimati Radharani.

36. Faith is more important than calculative truth.

37. Faith is required in order to work in that substantial conscious world which is subjective.

38. When one develops faith, he will do anything to approach the higher subjective realm. One who has faith wants to connect with that higher substance which is composed of eternity, knowledge, and bliss.

39. Faith asks us to approach the higher world, not the lower.

40. Proper guidance in faith is also necessary and that guidance is given by the higher plane.

41. Only our optimistic good faith may be our guide, our gurudeva. The guide is Sri Guru.

42. Faith is our light in the darkness.

43. Surrender is so powerful that it can even capture the absolute.

44. Surrender must be increased to no limit. Surrender is limitless, and the play of the Absolute is also limitless.

45. Slavery to the Absolute is the highest position of freedom.

46. Eliminating everything else, our aim should be directed towards one thing - that most intensified condition of divine service to the Lord of Love.

47. Saranagati (surrender) is the effulgence of Sri Krsna.

48. The highest fulfillment is fulfillment of the heart, not the fulfillment of consciousness, or the attainment of eternal existence.

49. Real enjoyment, divine enjoyment, comes from service - not from exploitation.

50. Eternal existence has no meaning if it is not conscious, and consciousness has no meaning if it does not give any fulfillment.

51. Everything within the environment is helping us, everything is sympathetic to us from all sides.

52. Everything is all right with the infinite and the environment. We have only to correct ourselves.

53. Even obstacles may improve our position if we can take them in the right way. From a hinger angle of vision it may be seen that everything is coming to help us.

54. We must be careful not to blame the circumstances, but to appreciate that the Absolute Good (Krishna) is behind everything. He is my best friend; He is in the background of everything.

55. When we reach the highest stage of devotion, we shall see that everything is friendly and that our apprehension was wrong.

56. As much as the circumstances appear to oppose us, it is really not so. If only we can develop the right vision, the smiling face of the Absolute Good (Krishna) will appear from behind the screen.

57. Krishna is my best friend. He is the background of everything.

58. Srimad-Bhagavatam gives us a most hopeful suggestion for all stages of life: blame yourself and no one else.

59. The present is at our hand. We do not know about the future. We must try to use the time at hand to its best advantage. How is that? Associate with the saints and the scriptures.

60. Our inner wealth can be discovered only by the help of sadhu, guru, and scripture.

61. Nothing can obscure our spiritual progress except our own false ego. I am my own worst enemy.

62. Devotion to the Absolute means sacrifice - "die to live."

63. If we have an idea of the infinite broadness and depth of the Absolute, how can we value anything here?

64. To identify with the interest of our family, society, or country is extended selfishness.

65. When everything is measured from the standpoint of selfishness and not the universal interest - that is the cause of all our troubles.

66. We must learn to critique ourselves and appreciate the environment.

67. The infinite comes down to welcome, to fully embrace the finite - that is Vrndavana.

68. In Vrndavana, not a corner is left neglected. Every grain of sand, every blade of grass, is well represented there with personality.

69. Existence without consciousness is to exist with no purpose. But when existence is endowed with consciousness, it can search for its own good; ecstasy.

70. Our relationship with the subjective is that of reverence and devotion to the higher entity, and not that of exploitation or enjoyment.

71. You are not a child of this soil. You may be captive here, but this is not your home; this is a foreign land.

72. If we cross beyond the vision of light-consciousness, we shall find the real necessity of our existence: happiness - ecstasy - and divine love.

73. After establishing ourselves in the realm of consciousness, we must establish ourselves in the realm of divine love, ecstasy and beauty.

74. Ecstasy is above light; transcendental mellow is above consciousness. Beauty and charm are above mere consciousness and understanding.

75. Feeling is not complete in itself. Feeling must be for something. So the fullest conception of a perfect thing is something which is full in beauty or ecstasy.

76. Ecstasy can exist by itself. Neither existence nor consciousness are complete in themselves. Consciousness alone hankers for ecstasy. And existence without consciousness is to exist with no purpose. Both existence and consciousness are subservient to ecstasy.

77. To come to the plane of ecstasy, we shall have to dive deep into reality. We must not be satisfied with the formal, the superficial.

78. Our attitude should be one of humility, and if we think that we are being done wrong, still we should be patient, and under no circumstances should we work for our own position; that should be our aim.

79. Slow and steady wins the race. Our march towards the infinite is a long journey, not to be finished whithin a few hours, a few days, or a few years.

80. Eternal existence, consciousness, and fulfillment (ecstasy) are the three principles of our ultimate destination.

81. First we must eliminate this mortal existence. Then, we must satisfy our reason, our consciousness. And finally, we must satisfy our heart.

82. We must not allow any ulterior purpose or temptation to induce us to give up our search for Sri Krsna. Let the satisfaction of Guru, Gouranga, Krsna, and the Vaishnavas be our only objective.

83. Our purity of purpose must always be very scrupulously maintained. We should think, "Alone I shall go on with my duty. I won't be always searching for someone to come and help me. Let them do their duty. This is my duty."

84. We should be conscious that hindrances and obstacles are almost sure to attack us, but we must deal with them with humility and forbearance. So this life is not a life of comfort.

85. Whatever you do not know about yourself, Krishna knows. What is underground in the innermost subconscious region of your heart, He can also see. If you remember this as you move and live, you cannot but be purified.

86. At every step towards Him, one feels wonder. We find no end to that feeling. Krishna is infinite; He is the wonderful wonder of wonders.

87. Though we see many around us falling or retreating, we must go forward.

88. Prorgress means eliminating one thing and accepting another.

89. God works wonders. His ways are filled with miracles. We should be prepared for that. We should be prepared that all the knowledge of this world, all our experience, will prove to be wrong.

90. It is a defect to want to understand everything about divinity. Knowledge may be a qualification here in this world, but in relation to the transcendental truth of the highest order, the tendency to want to know everything is a disqualification.

91. We can't try to apply our reason or our standard of measurement to the movements of the infinite.

92. Sometimes reason, logic, and analysis are necessary, but only to preach to the people in general who have a lower understanding.

93. Krishna's divine movements are kept in reserve by His sweet will: "All rights reserved." We want to search for some law above His sweet will, but this is inconsistent. It is self-contradictory.

94. Leaving aside all doubts and suspicions, we shall be most generous in approaching the absolute, free from all inhibitions. We shall approach Him with that spirit, and try more and more to leave aside our past prejudices and precedents, the records of our past experience.

95. The boundary of the sweet will of the infinite is such that even Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe, can be perplexed by Krishna.

96. In connection with the infinite you will find that everywhere there is center, nowhere circumference. But to realize this you must try to live in eternity, in Vaikuntha.

97. Whatever we may conceive is within the infinite.

98. There are various types of infinite. The highest conception of the infinite is: He is so beautiful and attractive that He is attracting all to surrender to Him.

99. The more they achieve, the more they thirst, the more earnestness is found within them. This is the characteristic of realization of the infinite.

100. All the other aspects of the infinite; infinite time, infinite space, infinite power, are external. But infinite love which attracts love and self-surrender is the highest type of infinite. And that is Krishna.

101. Our inner aspiration for rasa, is buried within our hearts which are tied down and sealed. But hearing and chanting the glories of Krishna breaks the seal on the heart and allows it to awaken and open to Krishna, the reservoir of pleasure, ecstasy Himself.

102. What is bhajana? It is a transaction of the heart, not of any formality. In Krishna devotion, Krishna-bhakti, the only consideration is the dedication of the heart. Krishna wants that, and not any external formality of the civilized or non-civilized world.

103. In the deepest plane of Reality, the deepest wave of Krsna consciousness is moving, and there so many jiva-souls are dancing. And that dance is the Absolute Dance wherein everything surrenders to Krsna in the mood of Vrndavan.

104. We may have erected high walls on all sides to protect ourselves so that Krsna consciousness may not enter, but Krsna is a thief, and a thief requires no invitation. No preparation is necessary for His welcome. He will enter for His own interest, and that is our consolation. Our solace is that Krsna is a thief. Maya has erected her high walls on all sides, but nothing is sufficient to stop Krsna consciousness. Krsna is a thief, and stealthily He will enter one day.

105. The innermost hankering of every living soul is for Beauty, Love, Affection, and Harmony; not for power, knowledge, or anything else. This is the diagnoses of the whole creation in time and space; their common cause is one. There is only one end - many are not necessary - only one, the one, that very one we want, is a relationship of Divine Love with Krsna.

106. A show of humility has no value; imitation has no value anywhere. Proper humility can only occur when one feels his connection with the autocratic Lord, his Master. Then only can he feel humble.

107. The siksa-guru parampara should be considered the most substantial thing. Eliminating the sahajiya-vada which gives much importance to the outer cover, try to look within, and see things more deeply. Try to understand the deeper vibrations of the outside environment, and see within yourself also. Dive deep, and you will find the plane of the finest vibration which will carry that news to you, and you will see that truth.

108. We are slaves of the truth. We are beggars for the pure current of truth that is constantly flowing: the fresh current. We are not charmed by any formality. I will bow down my head wherever I find the river of nectar coming down to me.

109. Maya means 'local interest', to see things or read the environment by local interest, not from the standpoint of universal interest.

110. So if my inner voice, my spiritual conscience decides that a type of company cannot really help me, then I will be under painful necessity to give it up, and to run away towards my destination, in the direction that my spiritual conscience guides me. Otherwise it will be hypocrisy, and it will check our real progress.

111. If we are sincere in our attempt, then no one in the world can check me, or deceive me. Only we ourselves can deceive ourselves. No one else. We must be true to our own self, and true to the Supreme Lord. We must be sincere.

112. I must follow what I understand, my aspiration. Friends may be converted into foes. Foes may be converted into friends. But I must stick to my ideal.

Guest guest

5. He who loves Me, does not really love Me; but one who loves my servitor - his love for Me is more real.

20. Coming in clash with the principle of love, all will have to accept defeat. This is the most substantial thing.

35. Faith is the halo of Srimati Radharani.

51. Everything within the environment is helping us, everything is sympathetic to us from all sides.

61. Nothing can obscure our spiritual progress except our own false ego. I am my own worst enemy.

90. It is a defect to want to understand everything about divinity. Knowledge may be a qualification here in this world, but in relation to the transcendental truth of the highest order, the tendency to want to know everything is a disqualification.

91. We can't try to apply our reason or our standard of measurement to the movements of the infinite.

92. Sometimes reason, logic, and analysis are necessary, but only to preach to the people in general who have a lower understanding.

104. We may have erected high walls on all sides to protect ourselves so that Krsna consciousness may not enter, but Krsna is a thief, and a thief requires no invitation. No preparation is necessary for His welcome. He will enter for His own interest, and that is our consolation. Our solace is that Krsna is a thief. Maya has erected her high walls on all sides, but nothing is sufficient to stop Krsna consciousness. Krsna is a thief, and stealthily He will enter one day.