IndiaDivine.org

Are you sinful and fallen enough to get the mercy of Sri Nityananada?

Rate this topic

krsna

"THE DUST OF THE LOTUS FEET OF THE VAISNAVAS HAVE BEEN GRANTED TO THIS FALLEN SOUL BY THE MERCY OF LORD NITYANANDA"

Krsnadasa Kaviraja said, "All glory, all glory to the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda, by whose mercy I have attained Sri Radha-Govinda. I am more sinful than Jagai and Madhai and even lower than the worms in the stool. Anyone who hears my name loses the results of his pious activities. Anyone who utters my name becomes sinful. Who in this world but Nityananda could show His mercy to such an abominable person as me? Because He is intoxicated by ecstatic love and is an incarnation of mercy, He does not distinguish between the good and the bad. He delivers all those who fall down before Him. Therefore He has delivered such a sinful and fallen person as me. Although I am sinful and I am the most fallen, He has conferred upon me the lotus feet of Sri Rupa Goswami.

The mercy of Lord Nityananda showed me Sri Madanamohana and gave me Sri Madanamohana as my Lord and master. He granted to one as low as me the sight of Lord Govinda. Words cannot describe this, nor is it fit to be disclosed. On an altar made of gems in the principal temple of Vrndavana, amidst a forest of desire trees, Lord Govinda, the son of the King of Vraja, sits upon a throne of gems and manifests His full glory and sweetness, thus enchanting the entire world. Therefore who can describe the mercy of the lotus feet of Him, Lord Nityananda, by whom I have attained the shelter of this Lord Govinda?

All the groups of Vaisnavas who live in Vrndavana are absorbed in chanting the all-auspicious name of Krsna. Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda are their life and soul. They do not know anything but devotional service to Sri Sri Radha-Krsna. The dust and shade of the lotus feet of the Vaisnavas have been granted to this fallen soul by the mercy of Lord Nityananda. Lord Nityananda said, "In Vrndavana all things are possible." Here I have explained His brief statement in detail. I have attained all this by coming to Vrndavana, and this was made possible by the mercy of Lord Nityananda. I have described my own story without reservations. The attributes of Lord Nityananda, making me like a madman, force me to write these things. The glories of Lord Nityananda's transcendental attributes are unfathomable. Even Lord Sesha with His thousands of mouths cannot find their limit." (CC Adi-lila 5.204-210, 216-220, 227-234)

Lord Nityananda is greatly merciful. Taking only one's faith, He gives the pure teachings of Krsna to everyone and does not care for one's birth, wealth, knowledge, and strength. Now, giving up the illusory snare of maya, either remain in household life or in the forest as a sannyasi, for no more troubles remain. There is no more fear of the age of Kali. The merciful Nityananda gives the Holy Name to even the Chandalas. Bhaktivinoda calls out: except for the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda there is no other shelter. (Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura)