IndiaDivine.org

Glorification of Sri Nityananda Rama

Rate this topic

krsna

Posted Image

Glorification of

Sri Nityananda Rama

What follows on this page is a small collection of verses and bhajans in glorification of Sri Nityananda Rama. This collection is far from being exhaustive and complete, for Nityananda Prabhu's glories are unlimited! Even Ananta-sesa, with His thousands of mouths, has been speaking the glories of Nityananda Prabhu since the beginning of time and has still not reached their end!

sankarsanah karana-toya-sayi garbhoda-sayi ca payobdhi-sayi

sesas ca yasyamsa-kalah sa nitya-nandakhya-ramah saranam mamastu

"May Sri Nityananda Rama be the object of my constant remembrance. Sankarsana, Mahavisnu, Garbhodaksayi Visnu, and Ksirodaksayi Visnu, as well as Sesa are His expansions and the expansions of His expansions." (Cc. Adi 1.7)

mayatite vyapi-vaikuntha-loke purnaisvarye sri-catur-vyuha-madhye

rupam yasyodbhati sankarsanakhyam tam sri-nityananda-ramam prapadye

"I surrender unto the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, who is known as Sankarsana in the midst of the catur-vyuha. He has full opulences and resides in Vaikunthaloka far beyond the material creation." (Cc. Adi 1.8)

maya-bhartajanda-sanghasrayangah sete saksat karanambhodhi-madhye

yasyaikamsah sri-puman adi-devas tam sri-nityananda-ramam prapadye

"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose partial representation called Karanodakasayi Visnu, lying on the Karana ocean, is the original Purusa, the master of the illusory energy and the shelter of all the universes." (Cc. Adi 1.9)

yasyamsamsah srila-garbhoda-sayi yan-nabhy-abjam loka-sanghata-nalam

loka-srastuh sutika-dhama dhatus tam sri-nityananda-ramam prapadye

"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, a partial part of whom is Garbhodaksayi Visnu. From the navel of Garbhodaksayi Visnu sprouts the lotus stem that is the birthplace of Brahma, the engineer of the Universe. The stem of that lotus is the resting place of the multitude of planets." (Cc. Adi 1.10)

yasyamsamsamsah paratmakhilanam posta visnur bhati dugdhabdhi-sayi

ksauni-bharta yat-kala so 'py anantas tam sri-nityananda-ramam prapadye

"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Visnu lying in the ocean of milk. That Ksirodaksayi Visnu is the Supersoul of all living entities and the maintainer of all the universe. Sesa Naga is His further sub-part." (Cc. Adi 1.11)

nityananda' balite haya krsna-premodaya

aulaya sakala anga asru-ganga vaya

"Simply by talking of Nityananda Prabhu one awakens his love for Krsna. Thus all his bodily limbs are agitated by ecstasy, and tears flow from his eyes like the waters of the Ganges." (Cc Adi 8.23)

bada guta nityananda eha avatare

caitanya dekhaya yare, se' dekhite pare

"In this incarnation Lord Nityananda is carefully hidden. Only if Lord Caitanya Himself reveals Him can anyone see Lord Nityananda." (C.Bhag. Madhya 3.171)

name nityananda tuni, rupe nityananda

ei tumi nityananda rama-murttimanta

"Your name is Nityananda. Your form is also Nityananda, or full of eternal (nitya) bliss (ananda). You are Nityananda because You are Lord Balarama personified." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.18)

nityananda-parjyatana, bhojana, bebhara

nityananda bina kicchu nahika tomara

"With great bliss You wander here and there, You eat, and You act in different ways. There is never a time when You are not blissful." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.9)

nityananda prasade se haya visnu-bhakti

janiha-krsnera nityananda purna-sakti

"By Lord Nityananda's mercy one attains devotion to Lord Visnu (Krsna). Please know that Lord Nityananda has all the power of Lord Krsna." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.26)

krsnera dvitya-nityananda bai nai

sangi, sakha, sayana, bhujana, bandhu, bhai

"Lord Nityananda is not different from Lord Krsna. Lord Nityananda is Lord Krsna's associate, friend, couch, ornaments, and kinsmen." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.27)

bedera agamya nityananda carita

sarvajiva-janaka, raksaka, sarvamitra

"Even the Vedas cannot approach Lord Nityananda's pastimes. Lord Nityananda is the father of all living entities. He is their protector and their friend." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.28)

ihara vyabhara saba krsnarasamaya

ihane sebile krsna-premabhakti haya

"His every action is filled with the nectar of love for Lord Krsna. By serving Lord Nityananda one attains pure love and devotion to Lord Krsna." (C.Bhag. Madhya12.18-29)

bhakti kari' ihana kaupina bandha sire

mahayatma iha puja kara giya ghara

"Therefore with great devotion please tie around your heads these pieces of Lord Nityananda's kaupina. Take them home and worship them with care." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.30)

prabhu bale-eha nityananda svarupere

se karaye bhakti-sraddha se kare amare

"One who has faith and devotion for Lord Nityananda has faith and devotion for Me(Lord Caitanya) also." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.55)

ihana carana-siva braksara vandita

ateava ihane kariha sabe prita

"Lord Siva and Lord Brahma bow down before Lord Nityananda's feet. Therefore all of you should place your love in Lord Nityananda's feet." (C.Bhag. Madhya 12.56)

nityananda avadhuta sabate agala

caitanyera dasya-preme ha-ila pagala

"Nityananda, the wandering mendicant, is the foremost of all the servants of Lord Caitanya. He is the gateway through which all service to Lord Caitanya must pass. He became mad in the ecstasy of service to Lord Caitanya." (Cc. Adi 6.48)

samsarera para hai' bhaktira sagare

ye dubile se bhajuk nitai-candere

"One who would cross over the ocean of material existence and swim in the bhakti ocean should worship the lotus feet of Nityananda." (C.Bhag. Adi 1.77)

"Lord Nityananda alone possesses the distinctive function of the guru. Nityananda is the servant of God, serving Gaurasundara by the distinctive method of reverential servitude. He is identical with Sri Balarama of Krishna-lila. Sri Balarama is not a chum of Krishna, but His respected elder brother. Individual souls are under the direction of Nityananda. They receive the service of Sri Gaurasundara or Krishna at His hands.

Nityananda is the ultimate source of the jiva and the jiva is a potency of Nityananda. Nityananda and His companions form one of the five groups of the associates of Lord Caitanya, whose distinctive function is that of guru. But Nityananda does not directly instruct in the confidential service of Krishna.

Srimati Radhika is the guru of the inner circle of the servants of Krishna. Srimati Radharani however accepts the offering of service of only those souls who are especially favored by Nityananda and are deemed by Him to be fit for Her service. There is therefore a most intimate relationship between the function of Nityananda and that of Srimati Radharani." ( Harmonist, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur)

Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In this way, Srila Nityananda Prabhu introduced the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to everyone without discrimination. Even though the people were fallen souls and blasphemers, they were delivered by this process." (Cc. Madhya 29-30)

dui bhai eka-tanu----samana-prakasa

nityananda na mana, tomara habe sarva-nasa

"These two brothers(Gaura and Nitai) are like one body; They are identical manifestations. If you do not believe in Lord Nityananda, you will fall down." (Cc. Adi 5.175)

ara kabe nitai-cander koruna hoibe

samsara-basana mora kabe tuccha ha'be

"We are all asking about the mercy of Lord Nityananda. Nityananda is supposed to be the original spiritual master, so we have to approach Gauranga, Lord Caitanya, through the mercy of Lord Nityananda. What is the symptom of a person who has achieved the causeless mercy of Lord Nityananda? Narottama Dasa Thakur says that the symptom of one who has actually received the causeless mercy of Lord Nityananda is that he has no more material desire. Samsara-basana means 'desire for material enjoyment' and Narottama Dasa wonders when it will become very insignificant. Of course as long as we have bodies we have to accept so many material things, but not in the spirit of enjoyment, but only to keep body and soul together." (Srila Prabhupada's purport to Narottama Dasa Thakur's Lalasamayi Prarthana)

ha ha prabhu nityananda, premananda sukhi

krpabalokana koro ami boro duhki

"My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful in spiritual bliss. Since You always appear very happy, I have come to You because I am most unhappy. If You kindly put your glance over me, I may also become happy." (Narottama Dasa Thakur, Savarana-sri-gaura-.-padme, from Prarthana)

dina hina patita pamara nahi bache

brahmar durlabha prema sabakare jace

"Lord Nityananda freely offered this exhalted prema, which is difficult for Lord Brahma to attain, even to the fallen and wretched souls who did not desire it." (Nitai Guna Mani---from the Caitanya Mangala, by Locana dasa Thakur)

nitayer karuna habe, braje radha-krsna pabe

"If you actually want to approach the association of Radha-Krsna, you must achieve the mercy of Lord Nityananda first. When he is merciful toward you, then you will be able to approach Radha-Krsna." (Nitai-.-kamala by Narottama dasa Thakur)

"When the devotee develops his love for Nityananda Prabhu, he is freed from all attachment to the material world, and at that time he becomes eligible to understand the Lord's pastimes in Vrndavana." (Srila Prabhupada-Cc. Adi 7.18 purport)

SRI NITYANANDASTAKAM

"Eight beautiful verses glorifying Lord Nityananda"

By Vrndavan Dasa Thakur

1. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He appears like an autumn moon, very splendid and free from any taint. Maddened with pure love for Lord Hari, His eyes constantly roll about and he walks as gracefully as an elephant. He is the Absolute Truth, His face is smiling, and holding a staff in His hand, He disperses the influence of the age of Kali.

2. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He is the abode of the mellows of devotional service, no one can be compared to Him and He is the be all and end all for His devotees. He is the Lord of Jahnava Devi, the goddess Who considers Nityananda more dear than life. He is always maddened with pure love of Godhead and the unintelligent non-devotees, cannot understand that He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself.

3. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He is very dear to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of Sacidevi and He is worshipped by the entire universe. He is very cheerful and He delivers the souls immersed in the Kali-yuga. By chanting the holy name of Lord Hari, He removes the false ego born from the ocean of material life.

4. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He spoke to Lord Caitanya saying, "O, brother! The people will become infected with all the sins of Kali-yuga. How will they be able to atone for these sins? Please give them some way by which they can easily approach You."

5. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He went to each and every house and raised His arms saying, "O, brothers! If you will, please constantly chant the holy name of Lord Hari! If you do this, you will become free from the ocean of birth and death in the material world. Please give this gift of your liberation to Me."

6. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He is like Agastya Muni who forcibly swallows the ocean of material existence, and He is the rising full moon which is the friend of the lotus flowers and which increases the ocean, which is the welfare of the saintly devotees. He is the blazing sun which removes the darkness which is the community of demons.

7. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He traveled on every path singing and dancing and repeating, "Hari! Hari!" Without considering His own interests, He was merciful to the people and he gave them His merciful side long glance.

8. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He held the beautiful lotus hand of His brother, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when They glanced at each others faces, Their hearts became full of transcendental bliss. They wandered through the towns of Bengal and delighted the people there.

These eight verses glorifying Lord Nityananda are the abode of the mellows of devotional service and they are the wealth of the pure devotees expert at relishing these mellows. These verses are very excellent, transcendental, and unprecidented. May the two lotus feet of Lord Nityananda continually appear in the hearts of those who read these verses and remember the Lord.

hena avatare yara rati na janmila

locana bale sei papi ela ara gela

"Locana dasa says, 'One in whom the loving affection for such a supremely merciful avatar as Nitai has not awakened, is simply a sinful dog who takes birth and dies to no avail." (Akrodha Paramananda-by Locana Dasa Thakur)

Sri Nityananda-Candrasya-Nama-Dvadasakam

The Twelve Names of the Moonlike Nityananda Prabhu

by Sarvabhauma Battacarya

nityanando 'vadhutendur, vasudha-prana-vallabhah

jahnavi-jivita-patih, krsna-prema-pradah prabhu

"Sri Nityananda Prabhu is the embodiment of eternal bliss. He is the moon of all avadhutas and the beloved of the life-breath of Vasudha (His wife). Lord Nityananda is the husband enthusing Jahnavi with life. Nityananda Rama bestows ecstatic love for Krishna and He is the Lord and Master of the devotees."

padmavati-sutah sriman, saci-nandana-purvajah

bhavonmatto jagat-trata, rakta-gaura-kalevarah

"Sri Nityananda is the dear son of Padmavati and He is full of splendorous transcendental majesty. Nitai is the older brother of Sacimata's son Nimai. Nityananda Avadhuta is maddened in overwhelming ecstatic emotions. Sri Nityananda Prabhu is the savior of the universe. His complexion is golden tinged with red."

"One who recites these twelve auspicious holy names of the moonlike Nityananda-candra everyday between 6 A.M.-8:30 A.M. will become free from all difficulties and attain all his most cherished desires. Very soon he will receive the mercy of Sri Caitanya Deva."

Patita-pavana Srila Nityananda Prabhu ki jai!!!

As we have said at the beginning of this page, this list is in no way complete as there are so many verses and bhajans in glorification of Nityananda Prabhu! We have simply made this humble effort to present a small drop of the unlimited glories of Sri Nityananda Rama. For one who is desirous of tasting more of the nectar of Nityananda Prabhu and His pastimes, we suggest reading the following:

* Sri Krishna-kathamrta magazine featuring the childhood pastimes of Lord Nityananda and other Nityananda nectar by His Divine Grace Sri Srimad Srila Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja

* Nityananda-caritamrta by Vrndavan Dasa Thakur

* Sri Nityananda-prema Rasarnava by His Divine Grace Srila Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja

* Caitanya Caritamrta by Krsnadasa Kaviraja Goswami

* Caitanya Bhagavata by Vrindavana Dasa Thakur

* Caitanya Mangala by Locana Dasa Thakur

* Appreciating Navadvip Dhama by Mahaniddhi Swami

* Pancha-Tattva:The five features of God by Satyaraja Dasa adhikari.