IndiaDivine.org

Nature and God Witness Our Activites

Rate this topic

SB 6.1.42

The sun, fire, sky, air, demigods, moon, evening, day, night, directions, water, land and Supersoul Himself all witness the activities of the living entity.

PURPORT

The members of some religious sects, especially Christians, do not believe in the reactions of karma. We once had a discussion with a learned Christian professor who argued that although people are generally punished after the witnesses of their misdeeds are examined, where are the witnesses responsible for one’s suffering the reactions of past karma? To such a person the answer by the Yamadutas is given here. A conditioned soul thinks that he is working stealthily and that no one can see his sinful activities, but we can understand from the sastras that there are many witnesses, including the sun, fire, sky, air, moon, demigods, evening, day, night, directions, water, land and the Supersoul Himself, who sits with the individual soul within his heart. Where is the dearth of witnesses? The witnesses and the Supreme Lord both exist, and therefore so many living entities are elevated to higher planetary systems or degraded to lower planetary systems, including the hellish planets. There are no discrepancies, for everything is arranged perfectly by the management of the Supreme God (svabhaviki jnana-bala-kriya ca). The witnesses mentioned in this verse are also mentioned in other Vedic literatures:

aditya-candrav anilo ’nalas ca

dyaur bhumir apo hrdayam yamas ca

ahas ca ratris ca ubhe ca sandhye

dharmo ’pi janati narasya vrttam

"There are no discrepancies, for everything is arranged perfectly by the management of the Supreme God."

No discrepencies? Man, we criminals are not expecting that.

This verse makes me aware of Paramatma too.

I makes me wonder how I will face my superiors and witnesses as I'm being judged for so many shameful acts. I should start accounting for my transgressions now, but I fear I've never been so resolute… and I won't be for long. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

(I wonder what percentage of the population is just appearing from evolution and how many are taking repeated births as humans).

I am anxious about that to. Having my life examined between births. All the missed oppurtunities I have just blown off. The way I have attempted to use and exploit other living beings. They say we see it all. How embarrassing.

All we can do is try to finish strong.

"All we can do is try to finish strong."

Strong philosophical point. Games are won in the last quarter.

To be painfully honest, it's hard for me to find the mindset for a strong finnish even as I anticipate all the disregard and sins I'll willingly perform just out of desire or habit or some other conditioning. I'm wearing the apathy now. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

End of the Age

When the light dies down and you blood runs cold

Then you know what you fear most is growing old

The clock winds down and the bells will toll

For the dawn that follows may require your soul

(Chorus)

Through the narrows there are few who pass

Only the chosen enter in

Seek your calling while it may be found

For the sand in the hourglass is falling

We hang in the balance one by one

Turn from you ways the voice is calling