IndiaDivine.org

My Relationship with Srila Prabhupada

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My Relationship with Srila Prabhupada

Dear devotees,

For those who live by hear-say and ugly rumors and who might suffer under the impression that I am not respectful of Srila Prabhupada please consider:

1) My son wears Srila Prabhupada's samadhi-dust in a tube around his neck since he was born; I respectfully collected the dust with my own hands before the samadhi was built;

2) In 1996 I was one of less than 10 Srila Prabhupada disciples who attended the Centennial in Vrindavan at the actual Samadhi. I was one of six people who lifted Srila Prabhupada's heavy Sri Murti from the sharp, slippery marble and placed back on his Vyasasan after maha-abisheka (that was really dangerous);

3) I was initiated By Srila Prabhupada in 1967 and thought he wanted me to stay with Bon Maharaj in his absence. When I found out that Bon Mj had intercepted Prabhupada's letters for me to return, I immediately left Bon Maharaj and returned to Srila Prabhupada in Mayapur (even I had no passport and was a fugitive);

4) I spent 3 weeks living with Srila Prabhupada in Mayapur and Calcutta and he was delighted to speak in Bengali for hours and to discuss things. During this time I suggested to HDG that he could translate Sri Upadeshamrita quickly as it was only 11 verses. So Srila Prabhupada stopped his CC translations and with my help as well as the help of Sri Satsvarupa Maharaj and Panditji, he completed the book (Nectar of Devotion) in two weeks. When HDG departed India I was entrusted with the only MSS which I took to Bombay - after a careful edit by Harikesh Brahmachari I posted the MSS to Srila Prabhupada in London. The publication came out afterwards.

5) While in Mayapura I spent a lot of time with HDG for many hours every day, and lived with Srutakirti, his servant. We spoke in Bengali and I had serious talks with Srila Prabhupada and these memories can be read by clicking:

http://www.richardshawbrown.com/mysticarticles/Smarana.html

6) I also worship Srila Prabhupada in my home and heart along with Sri Salagram Shila every day as instructed by Srila Prabhupada in writing before his disappearance (ref. Database).

7) Srila Prabhupada is my "Hare Nama" and "Shiksa Guru" and I read his books every day.

8) I have never said anything that I wouldn't discuss with Srila Prabhupada himself. Example: Mayapur in 1973 I was shown the Sannyas-Mantra by Satsvarupa M and noted it was wrong. Satsvarupa was offended. So he, Srutakirti, and I went in the next room to ask Srila Prabhupada. I told Srila Prabhupada that I had heard the mantra differently. Prabhupada instructed Satsvarupa to change the Gopi-gayatri to it's correct form and notify the sannyasis about the mistake.

9) I maintain a web presence for Srila Prabhupada since 1995 at http://www.richardshawbrown.com/mysticarticles/acbsp.html

Now it is up to your differing opinions to decide if I am a real disciple of Srila Prabhupada or not???

I just want to lay the absurd rumors of envious people to rest. "Only the mighty will have enemies! Who will kick a dead dog?"

The above is my position and relationship with Srila Prabhupada. If anyone has any doubts about any rumors to the contrary please read this again and then decide for yourself where I stand.

Hare Krishna!!!

Y/s,

Hrsikesananda das ACBSP:1967