IndiaDivine.org

Krishna's ornaments and symbols

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What are the symbols for krishna's ornaments? I know that for vishnu, his 'chakra' symbolizes the universe, his lotus flower symbolizes love and his mace symbolizes punishment, but all krishna carries is a flute and has a peacock feather. Is the appearance symbolic? If it is , what does it symbolize? Please tell me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

It is not being ignored. I couldn't hazard a guess nor should one try. I would like to hear an answer though. Perhaps Krsna will send someone by with insight.

Knowledge of such things can't come to us but by His grace and arrangment. Our patience and your strong desire to know will be rewarded.

In the mean time i was wondering how many flutes does Krsna have? Are they for different occasions or what?

Okay,

There are some traditional explanations, you can take them or leave them.

In Krishna's time, the peacock was considered inauspicious, so wearing a peacock feather was also inauspicious. But Krishna thought it was pretty, and put it in His crown, and since that time the peacock feather has been very special...

The flute plays the sound of "OM," and is the sound that calls your soul to return to Him... moreover, it is a folk instrument, and not used in classical music until very recently (once again, only because it is associated with Krishna)

Are these the only attributes you are interested in, or would you like to hear more?