IndiaDivine.org

I've risked my life in order to preach;does that automatically guarantee my entry ...

Rate this topic

krsna

Guest guest

Afterall what is the value of that life you put at risk? Did you really risk so much that now Krsna is indebted to you? Maybe, I can't say.

But there seems an obvious danger in taken the Lord's grace for granted.

Attainment of Krsna consciousness is not like earning a guarunteed pension for years of service. That might be heaven but not Goloka.

How bad do you want to love Krsna? That has to be cultivated

Guest guest

...into pure Krsna Consciousness?

no one can tell to you if you have come in pure krsna consciousness..

when you'll be pure you will know it

I don't want respect from others.

All i want is Krsna's mercy:and so I dedicated a few years 'preaching'-i.e.,distributing books on the streets of Kali-yuga,collecting,etc.

But the point is :taking a risk for Krsna's pleasure.

He is pleased to see His devotees books distributed to His conditioned souls.

And I risked life and limb so that a few souls could come in contact with Srila prabhupada's words of Vedic Truth.

Yes?

Guest guest

I sometimes can't tell when you are speking from personal experience or raising topical question to inspire conversation and introspection.

A question can always be raised on our motive for selling books, opening temples etc.

Safer position may be to assume we never offered anything to Krsna due to our lack of loving motivation and depend on Krsna to save us anyway by bestowing that love for Him onto us.

But I suspect all of you who gave so much(purely motivated or not) in those formation days of the Hare Krsna movement here in the West don't even have the slightest clue of the glory that awaits you. I know the smiling glance of His Divine Grace was (and is) upon you. That glance lacking which the whole material dimention must be considered vacant and hellish is surely upon you.

Shadow Dweller

Guest guest

Would have done it if it felt bad and wasn't fun but still pleased Krsna? The cross of Christ, the trials of Prahlada, the abuse of Jagai & Madai come to mind.

well, I'm certainly not that advanced...

and it was not all peaches and cream either. but even when things got difficult and austere (like when your towel freeze as you take your morning shower) it felt like the right thing to do. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat (with a few corrections to my own behavior)

Guest guest

Sounds like New Vrndaban in the very early 70's. Were you there? Chakradari used to tell me stories of breaking the ice to take a morning bath.

Posted Image

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted His followers to move all over the world to preach in every town and village. In the Caitanya-sampradaya those who strictly follow the principles of Lord Caitanya must travel all over the world to preach the message of Lord Caitanya, which is the same as preaching the words of Krsna--Bhagavad-gita--and Srimad-Bhagavatam. The more the devotees preach the principles of krsna-katha, the more people throughout the world will benefit.

Devotees like the great sage Narada, who travel all over to preach, are called gosthanandi. Narada Muni is always wandering throughout the universe just to create different types of devotees. Narada even made a hunter a devotee. He also made Dhruva Maharaja and Prahlada devotees. Actually, all devotees are indebted to the great sage Narada, for he has wandered both in heaven and in hell. A devotee of the Lord is not even afraid of hell. He goes to preach the glories of the Lord everywhere--even in hell--because there is no distinction between heaven and hell for a devotee.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 4:30:37

"Sounds like New Vrndaban in the very early 70's"

my share of frozen towels was received in Poland, in late 70's and early 80's. I would meditate on the verse: "Austerity is the wealth of a brahmana" every morning. Since I'm a kshatriya by nature I never liked it, but had to do it to give a good example for other devotees /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nowadays, whenever I take a shower, I thank Lord Krishna for the warm water He is kindly providing. This is the essence: Always remember Krishna! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

Please accept my humble and respectful obeisances, prabhu!

All glories to His Divine Grace.

On this path, all sacrifices result in permanent gain. There is no loss possible with bhakti, however it may appear to us at times. Whatever we somehow endure is happening for the sole purpose of bringing about our full surrender through absolute humility.

One sentence of Srila Prabhupada's from the "Nectar of Instruction" [p.36] often encourages my fallen soul, "Devotional service is so pure and perfect that once having begun, one is forcibly dragged to ultimate success."

Purity is not ever for ourselves to claim. It is the property of the one to whom we are attached as devotees, devotional service Herself. She cannot be earned or bought, even by Krsna. Actually, it's the other way around.

"Devotional service is so pure and perfect that once having begun, one is forcibly dragged to ultimate success."

thank you for this quote, prabhu. I do feel dragged towards deeper and deeper waters of bhakti by an outside force. I'm even trying to help by not resisting... /images/graemlins/smile.gif