IndiaDivine.org

How to destroy fear

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

before it destroys me? I am afraid of practically everything-tv, telephone, bugs, humans, animals-and it has sort of paralysed my activities completely. Can Narasimha help in this regard, cuz he is, I believe, the god of courage?

Guest guest

conquers fear. Read the story of Prahlada over and over. Taking shelter of his instructions and example puts us under the shelter of Narasimha.

The world is a fearful place. Fear of God is said to be the beginning of wisdom. Beginning, but we move beyond that point eventually. Know that Krsna is in control of everything that is causing you fear and that Krsna is your dearmost friend.

No need to fear your friend.

Guest guest

Here is a link to Srimad Bhagavatam canto 7 which covers this pastime. Good to read also about Hiranyakasipu in the opening chapters to get an idea of just who Prahlada didn't fear because of his loving faith to Narasimha.

Hiranyakasipu was one scary dude. But not for the little boy Bhakta Prahlada.

Guest guest

blind faith and superstitions are illusion

illusion cannot defeat fear for a long time

krsna teachs to arjuna the system:

Chapter 18. Conclusion--The Perfection of Renunciation

TEXT 66

sarva-dharman parityajya

mam ekam saranam vraja

aham tvam sarva-papebhyo

moksayisyami ma sucah

SYNONYMS

sarva-dharman--all varieties of religion; parityajya--abandoning; mam--unto Me; ekam--only; saranam--surrender; vraja--go; aham--I; tvam--you; sarva--all; papebhyah--from sinful reactions; moksayisyami--deliver; ma--not; sucah--worry.

TRANSLATION

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

.... do not fear