the patient

Rate this topic

merkaba

A groan of tedium escapes me,

Startling the fearful.

Is this a test? It has to be,

Otherwise I can't go on.

Draining patience, drain vitality.

This paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

But I'm still right here

Giving blood, keeping faith

And I'm still right here.

Wait it out,

Gonna wait it out,

Be patient (wait it out).

If there were no rewards to reap,

No loving embrace to see me through

This tedious path I've chosen here,

I certainly would've walked away by now.

Gonna wait it out.

If there were no desire to heal

The damaged and broken met along

This tedious path I've chosen here

And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.

Be patient.

I must keep reminding myself of this.

And if there were no rewards to reap,

No loving embrace to see me through

This tedious path I've chosen here,

And I still may.

Gonna wait it out.

Siksastaka 8:<blockquote>"I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally."</blockquote>

I just checked out the lyrics to Merkaba - seems the short ditty you quoted is all the words. And "The Patient" is on another Tool album. You must be a fan or maybe the Tool guitarist.

As for your question, I likely won't answer directly since we need not get too heady about it all. That's because this is all about heart - not so much what we do, but why we do it. And, yes, once Krsna takes charge He will arrange happenings to help us purify our hearts. We are meant to listen every moment - it's called buddhi-yogam. "To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me".

The more you think about it all, the more you will want Krsna, want reality. When He is all you want, and you finally realize just a tiny spark of His greatness and thus realize you can never know Him, then your deep genuine sorrow will break His heart and He will shower His merciful kindness upon you, revealing what you could never know.

You don't seem to have a big mind or ego to conquer like most, so I venture to suggest that you are closer to the prize than you think, and very definitely closer than The Patient.

Docta G

Got this at the semi-official website:<blockquote>* H18. What's a "Merkaba" ?

In ancient Egyptian, it breaks down to Mer (rotating fields of light), Ka (spirit), and Ba (soul / body). Merkaba meditations facilitate deep spiritual growth and activation. Given the head space listeners tend to enter when listening to the song, and that live performances of this song feature Maynard introspective onstage, it makes sense that the song is named for this style of meditation.

As a bonus, Jeremy (jhaik@wam.umd.edu) found that the amazon.com summary of "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: Volume 2" by one Drunvalo Melchizedek (see Question G36) says "Finally, for the first time in print, Drunvalo shares the instructions for the Mer-Ka-Ba meditation, step-by-step techniques for the re-creation of the energy field of the evolved human, which is the key to ascension and the next dimensional world."

As a double bonus, the word also translates to 'chariot' in Hebrew ("merkavah"). The chariot (Heb. merkavah) of God was first described in Ezekiel 1:1 - 1:28. This is included more for your own edification than to explain why the song got this name.

For more information, check http://www.merkaba.org </blockquote>