IndiaDivine.org

I am told to trust my heart and then bad things come.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was reading also Satsvarupa Maharaj's books, and thought him to be properly situated as "Pure Devotee".

Then a friend told me recently that he has fallen down and now not taking disciples. He was the one that my heart told me was right and pure. Is my heart trustworthy?

Then that same friend told me another big big guru from Europe fell down and even stole a lot of money from Iskcon.

My question is does the system of Bhakti Yoga work, if so why do these "Pure Devotees" always seem to falldown?

Is there some recommended Guru who is authorized by Iskcon leaders that will not eventually falldown?

What if I take initiation and then my guru fallsdown like so many of the past gurus? Will I have to go through this again?

"He was the one that my heart told me was right and pure"

Maybe he was at that time, and maybe he still is.

"What if I take initiation and then my guru fallsdown like so many of the past gurus? Will I have to go through this again?"

once you are connected to Krishna through our sampradaya this connection can only be broken by YOU. if your guru happens to leave the sampradaya, just stick to the process and teachings of the acharyas. you can also take a formal siksa guru if you find a devotee that strongly inspires you to do devotional service. have no fear, Krishna's here... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isn't that the philosophy? No offense about the Maharaja first mentioned but he had to take medicines for his migraines and seperated himself from his old service as gbc, then he wrote books not following the recommendations of the devotees(about mice?) and so gradually slipped away.

Did his godbrothers want to preach to him? Yes. But were they in the position? No. Therefore I think there should be a group among the gbc policing the gurus and stopping them before these things happen it is about time.

And don't trust your heart use your intelligence.

Guest guest

And the guru becomes bogus later, I am still safe and could make my way Back to Godhead. Is that correct?

But in the books of Iskcon it seems that the "true" guru does not falldown, right? So how can a guru be bonafide to start then unbonafide later?

It seems safer for us to stay with the one we all know is truely Pure, Prabhupada. This is my plan for now, untill some guru shows me that he is really above the modes and will not falldown. I am not rushing this process.

"So if Bonafide at the time of initiation.. And the guru becomes bogus later, I am still safe and could make my way Back to Godhead. Is that correct?"

if your guru is no longer there for any reason (such as physical departure or falldown) you can always take shelter of another spiritual master in the line of disciplic succession, or continue to use the vani (instruction) form of your chosen acharya.

Our spiritual safety always depends on our following of instructions of Vaishnava acharyas - past and/or present.

You are correct with not rushing the initiation process and relying on Prabhupada's vani for guidance. But there ARE qualified gurus out there. you just need to find the one who is right for you. It is very, very inspiring to find and take shelter of a true spiritual master. Hare Krishna!