IndiaDivine.org

108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 108 !

Rate this topic

krsna

Vyasa-Puja Offering 2004

jaya om visnu-. paramahamsa parivrajakacarya asottara-sata sri srimad bhaktivedanta gosvami maharaja Srila Prabhupada ki jaya!

"One hundred and eight glories to the wandering mendicant, to the great bhakta who resembles a swan, to the glorious master Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja Prabhupada, who has taken refuge at the lotuslike feet of Visnu."

Dear Beloved Srila Prabhupada,

Please accept my humble obeisances again and again. All glories to your lotus feet.

On this most sacred occasion of your 108th appearance anniversary in this world, I fall in the dust of your lotus feet and beg for the ability to properly glorify your divine and magnanimous character.

In the Caitanya-caritamrta (Antya-lila, 7.12. Purport) you state the following: "The true acarya, the spiritual master of the entire world, must be considered an incarnation of Krsna's mercy."

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, you made such an incredible sacrifice of traveling by steamship across the Atlantic ocean for three weeks at the advanced age of 69 -- suffering two heart attacks in the process -- and arriving on the shores of America armed with a mere seven dollars worth of rupees, a few books and an unshakable desire to serve the mission of your spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaj Prabhupada. Despite the overwhelming odds against you, your arrival was clearly predicted by the great acarya in disciplic succession, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura a century ago, and thus your success was already guaranteed. Because of your completely selfless endeavor, the entire universe is now awakening from an age-old sleep of godless ignorance to the joyous and eternal sound of Lord Caitanya's harer-nama sankirtana.

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, thousands upon thousands of lowborn mleccas and yavanas have been transformed into Vaisnava devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna.

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, so many persons once attached to grossly sinful activities such as meat-eating, intoxication, gambling and illicit sex life are now blissfully following the rules and regulations of vaidhi-bhakti under your expert guidance.

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, devotees everywhere are now bathing and dressing the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His arca-vigraha form, which is nondifferent from Sri Krsna Himself.

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, devotees from all over the world are regularly traveling to the holy places such as Mayapur, Vrindavan and Mathura, although previously hardly anyone had ever heard of those sacred places. And by your grace, they are also visiting Sri Radha-Kunda, whose glories are unlimited and which is unobtainable even by great devotees such as Narada and Sanaka.

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, scores of atheists and agnostics are now beginning to understand who is God and who is not God. And by your grace, they are are now serving and praying to Him instead of denying and defaming Him.

By your grace, Srila Prabhupada, so many previously lost souls are now going back home, back to Godhead, the eternal abode of the Supreme Lord.

But most of all, by your grace, Srila Prabhupada, you have given us your association, your instructions and your example. Now, by your grace, I humbly request that you so kindly bless me with the desire and ability to share these matchless gifts with each and every single conditioned soul in the material world. Please help me to someday become your real disciple and serve you without reservation according to your desire. May this be my only aspiration, life after life.

Thank you very much for everything, Srila Prabhupada. All glories to your lotus feet.

Your aspiring servant,

Padmapani das

Posted Image

Thoughts of Srila Prabhupada

by Gopijana dasa

Dearest Srila Prabhupada,

When I first saw your smiling face effulgent,

I knew somehow there would be a place

of shelter, undeserved kindness and

love unconditional, for this fallen soul at your feet.

A struggle I knew if easy would guarantee nothing.

I pray each day for my sufferings.... fill my heart

with love and knowing, with a longing to see

again your face, so beautifully glowing.

Thank you Srila Prabhupada for saving this wretched

worthless thief, my only hope one day to succeed

in fullfilling your instruction.

Your aspiring servant....

Gopijana das

Vyasa-Puja Offering (2004)

by Suneera Bhatia

Dearest Srila Prabhupada,

I am probably the most worthless soul on this planet. I try everyday to overcome my laziness and at least constantly chant my rounds so that I may do some reading. I have been trying so hard to make it a part of my life to at least do some reading of your books, but haven't managed to fully succeed.

I do not have enough words to thank you, as "thank you" is a very insignificant word for all your kind efforts in bringing us closer to Krishna, for without coming to this movement I would never have appreciated what it means to love and serve God.

I currently pray to the Deities (Krishna-Balarama and Radha Gopinatha) that I have been attached to through my journies in life and ask Them to bless me and make me worthy of initiation. My sincere desire is to get initiated and serve the Lord as much as I can. Please Srila Prabhupada, you are so merciful please shower your mercy on me so that I may achieve this, and always keep me under the shade of your lotus feet so that I may never deviate from serving Krishna.

I sincerely await the day of my initiation when I will have been blessed by you and the Lordships and also provide me the knowledge so that I may make it a priority to read your books. Please direct me with your kind mercy so that I may achieve the goal of this human life!

All glories unto your lotus feet. Srila Prabhupada ki Jai!

Your aspiring servant,

Suneera Bhatia.

Thank you for your books Srila Prabhupada

by Makhanchor dasa

Dear Srila Prabhupada,

Please accept my obeisances All glories to your Divine Grace!!!

I remember one of the first times I came into contact with devotees was in Chicago's O'hare airport. I was on a stopover and went into the terminal to kill some time. A devotee came up to me and put Bhagavad Gita As It Is in my hands. I remember when I saw the Sanskrit I was very intrigued and wanted to read some of it, but then the devotee turned to the pictures and flipped through them as he talked to me. I remember very much that I wanted that book. I felt instinctively that there was something in there that was valuable, ancient wisdom handed down untainted by the author's personal motivations. As it was I didn't have enough money for the Bhagavad Gita that day.

I am very grateful that Krsna gives many chances for one to become Krsna conscious, and I ended up with a copy of that book that I so desired. It is one of my most cherished possessions. It is always available for me as a touchstone of pure knowledge to give me peace in times of distress. Because of you Srila Prabhupada I know what is right and what is wrong, what is good and what is bad, and more importantly, what is the process of self-realization in this age. I may struggle with living up to the high standard of truth you have given, but I know it is, in fact, the absolute truth, and that the wanting is with me and not with what you have given.

Thank you for your books Srila Prabhupada. They have given me life. They have given me hope. They have given me a purpose. They are truly the gems of literature. Nothing else comes close.

On this day of your appearance I am reminded of the truly great gift you have given to the world. I am always in your debt, and will always try to in turn help others become Krsna conscious.

Your servant,

Makhanchor dasa

Nayanam galad asru dharaya

Vadnam gadgada ruddhaya gira

Pulakair nicitam vapu kada

Tava nama grahane bhavisyati

"Oh my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and the hairs on my body stand on end as I chant Your holy names?"

O Angel of Guardian Angels

by Gopijana das

O Angel of Guardian Angels

There was for a time suffered shelter in the womb of my earthly mother

That was until 29 August 1953, with use of forceps torn forth

Eyes blinded into this world

An embodied soul with a scream, to life conditioned

An infant boy grew to a child of curiosity, not wanting to miss anything

A child grew to a man suffering still then, knowing an emptiness in the heart

There was nothing ever fullfilling, chewing the chewed, not satisfying

Leaving military life and indoctrination, the year '71, drunken and addicted

It seemed only one option existed... with gun in hand, drugs coursing

Through veins collapsing, bloody tears from eyes and ears harkened

A prayer to Lord Jesus begging, please save me, dear Lord...

An angel appeared clothed in brilliant saffron, a hand carrying scripture

Within this holy book a picture amazing, a small old man, gentle, kind of heart

A smile on his lips so pleasing... an answer to my prayer uplifting

Thank you Lord for sending your dearest Srila Prabhupada...

Fast forward sankirtan, streets of towns and villages, other souls suffering

Accepting these great books with the destiny to be shared...

Oh you devotees, Vaisnavas all, I tell the world who you are

Ranjit, Jai Hari, Radhika, Madhumati, many I do not remember

Eternally I am indebted to you for your reaching hands and searching hearts

For accepting the shelter of he, His Divine Grace A.C. Srila Prabhupada

O Angel of Guardian Angels, you have entered our hearts, giving freely

The chance to end our sufferings, you took upon yourself the sins

In the end would not deprive us your continued association this sojourn

You will eternally be in our hearts, never separate from your undeserved

Kindness, love and merciful instructions...

O Angel of Guardian Angels, my sincere prayer as time draws near

Giving up this mortal shell

Please protect us always with your kavaca and weapons in the form of the holy names

Sri Sri Radha Krsna... Sri Sri Caitanya Nityananda

Then by your promise held fast in your loving embrace without fear and suffering

We will enter that truly wonderful and holy place...

By tightly placing your lotus feet upon our humbled heads

O Angel of Guardian Angels, Your Divine Grace!

Your unworthy aspiring servant...

Gopijana das

n 1976 in Vrindaban at the festival there was a big fire yajna and I was one of the brahmana initiates. (There is a picture of this initiation in Hari Sauri Prabhu's Diary Volume 1). After the yajna we all had the mercy to receive the gayatri mantra individually from Srila Prabhupada in his room. When I went into the room I paid full dandavats and after saying the pranama mantra I called out, "Jaya Srila Prabhupada!" At which His Divine Grace also called out, "Jaya Srila Prabhupada!" I was startled for a split second thinking why would Srila Prabhupada say jaya to himself but then realized that of course he was saying this to Srila Bhaktisiddhanta. For me the purport was that whatever praise or offering our Srila Prabhupada received, he always was in the mood that this was to be offered to his spiritual master, and that this was then passed on through the disciplic succession, and that this is actually how Krsna is pleased to receive offerings."

Ranjit das

• 2 weeks later...

Srila Prabhupada Appearance

BY MADHAVANANDA DAS (ACBSP)

EDITORIAL, Sep 14 (VNN) — He Completely Fulfilled The Mission Of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur

By

Madhavananda dasa, disciple of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

One day after the year's most Auspicious day, Sri Krishna Janmastami, the Appearance Day of the Supreme Transcendental Person Lord Sri Krishna, Srila Prabhupada's Appearance day was celebrated worldwide.

Sincere followers were energized and blessed by Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami's transcendental memory and transcendental presence within their hearts.. He was born 108 years ago to pure devotee parents, Srimate Radharani and Sriman Gour Mohan De, who lived on Mahatma Gandhi road in Calcutta, India on that blessed day in the late summer of 1896.

Endowed with wonderful pure devotional qualities and blessed with excellent association from birth, Abhaya Charan and his pure devotee sister 'Pishima', learned primarily about Sri Sri Radha Govinda worship and 'tattva'; (scientific, transcendental truths of the absolute divine couple). Predicted at birth by astrologers to be a great teacher and reformer of pure devotion to God, educated in Sanskrit, English and other subjects at Scottish Rite Churches College in Calcutta, Sriman Abhay Charan De graduated at the very top of his class and was the class leader. Abhay refused his diploma at the ceremony due to his strong stance of solidarity with Mahatma Gandhi's Independence Movement.

Later in 1933 Abhaya's friends requested him to give them his valued opinion of the powerful preacher of Lord Chaitanya's Movement, who had come from Jaganath Puri; namely Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Prabhupada. 'Abhay Babu' was a center of influence among his peers and his counsel was sought after by many.

Sri Saraswati Thakur was the Ray of Vishnu prayed for by his father; Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur. Sri Sarasvati Goswami was also the dedicated disciple of the great mahabhagavata 'vipralambha' renunciate Srila Gaura Kishore das Babaji Maharaja.

At that historic meeting, Abhaya Babu, who was to become Abhaya Charanaravinda by diksa (initiation) from the great Acharya, argued for Ghandian liberation from the illegal occupation by the British Empire. India must be free before any preaching and dedication to Lord Gauranga's mission can be effective, the young man asserted. The Acharya defeated Abhay's strong arguments with logic, erudition, and love. In awe of the perfect points the Thakur had made, our 26 year old hero was then amazed to hear him say: You should spread Lord Chaitanya's message and his gift of spiritual love to the English speaking countries, because you are very qualified to do just that.

It will be very auspicious for you and also for all who will hear you.

Thirty- two years later, carrying many volumes of Sri Veda-Vyasa's Srimad Bhagawatam translated from Sanskrit, Sri Bhaktivedanta Swami arrived in Boston. It was 20 years after the atom bomb had been dropped on the civilian population of Japan and it was at the height of the cold war nuclear threats of mutual assured destruction between Russia and the USA. America was at war in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. The ancient site of one of the largest Vaishnava temples in the world (Angor Wat in Cambodia) was being desicrated. Scores of searching souls were crying for the Lord and His representative. It was 1965. Sixty nine years earlier, during Prabhupada's birth year, Srila Thakur Bhaktivinode had sent his English treatise; The Life and Precepts of Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to the McGill University in Montreal, Canada.

Our Prabhupada struggled in New York for years. He was alone, he had no money and he had never even seen snowfall. One of the worst blizzards of the century hit New York state at that time with snow drifts reaching up to 14 feet high.

Some of Prabhupada's god-brothers in India helped him, and of some of them did not. He never compromised his principles or let slip his determination. He never left us and gave up on his duty to God and Teacher. He waited steadfastly and patiently. It has been said that if you hold a meeting and tell everyone You are God, they will all come and offer praise. If you hold it and tell them; You are the servants of God they will leave . His mission was not an easy one. But his pure devotion was to prevail.

His students and his admirers began to come to the all- attractive Sri Krishna Hari-Nam Sankirtan Movement. He cared for them with fatherly affection and taught them everything about the non-dual absolute truth. . With the kingly leadership of the Sun in the 9th house of religion, along with the priestly, beneficent and wise power of Jupiter in the same sign, and the Moon's south node indicating complete victory over his material senses, he completely won the love, the hearts and the minds of hundreds of thousands of seekers. With the beneficent planet of communication and authorship; Mercury, exaltedly situated in his 10th house of career, Srila Prabhupada became the uncontested prolific translator of the Vedic scriptures into English. A plethora of English books of Srila Vyasadeva's works now was available to non- Hindus. He gave the whole world the vast wealth of the planet's oldest and original authentic scriptures, along with the commentaries of history's greatest sages. He knew only of his Guru Maharaj Bhaktisiddhanta and of his Lord Sri Gaura-Hari. He once told his disciples; You've all been sent to me by my Guru Maharaj to help me'.

He surrendered all of us, and all that he had to his Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga.

He was the real spiritual emissary of the authentic Vedic India. He was the great deliverer of Divine Love to the world. He told America's NASA, the Russian space agency and everyone else in the west how Easy Journeys to Other Planets actually do take place.

He boldly and sweetly declared to reporters including Time-Life; who had recently published the God is Dead cover; Why have I come here? Why of course to teach you that God is not dead, that everything belongs to Him only, and that everything should be used in His service.

Prabhupada was the beginning of Lord Chaitanya's Movement in the west and the savior of all. We owe him a great debt of gratitude. He told us he wanted us to repay that debt by humbly co-operating with each other to spread Lord Chaitanya's movement all over the world.

When he left us in 1977, instead of thinking of himself, he thought of each of his students when he spoke with confidential humor requesting his God brother Sri Bhaktivedanta Narayana help us (in Bengali); I've caught some monkeys in a net. They like to fight with each other. Please promise me you will help them continue their advancement Back to Home, Back to Godhead. He also generously considered our welfare when he said; For spiritual instruction go to Sridhar Maharaj in Nabadwip and Narayana Maharaj in Mathura.

The son of the Krishna Conscious and Aristocratic De family, the disciple of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur, the sannyas disciple of Sri Bhaktisiddhanta's key disciple-assistant Srila Bhakti Prajnana Kesava Maharaj, the fast friend of the leader of Bhaktisiddhanta's disciples Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar-Dev Goswami, friend of Srila Bhakti-Vaibhava Puri Goswami, Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaj and others; Our Srila Prabhupada was remembered on September 7th with love and gratitude by thousands and thousands of fortunate souls; family, god-brothers, disciples, friends, and 2nd & 3rd generation disciples.

He’s a kind and gentle soul, his heart is never cold.

So peaceful and generous with a message true and bold

He’s never seeking praise,

So silent and so grave.

And his transcendental love is the magic in his ways.

He loves to sing and dance

In pure ecstatic mood

And spread Gauranga’s sankirtana,

His heart with love imbued.

Three times a day I bow to him

And humbly do entreat:

“O Gurudeva, please give me shade

Beneath your lotus feet."

Your servant,

Heena Sharma

(Jaipur, India)

• 2 weeks later...

108 Glories

1st Set

Meditations on the Infinite Qualities and Pastimes

of

Om Visnu-. Paramahamsa Parivrajakacarya

Astottara Sata (108) Sri Srimad

His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

by Paratrikananda dasa

1. Srila Prabhupada is my deity. His majesty is sculpted in the stone core of my heart. It is not my doing but his.

The photos of my murti are very nice. The murti of the Spiritual Master should be treated as good as the Deity. Saksad-dharitvena samasta-sastrair, uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhih/kintu prabhor yah priya eva tasya, The guru should be treated as good as God. This is stated in all the sastras. The difference is that God is master-God and guru is servant-God. So the installation ceremony for such a murti should be similar to that done for other Deities. All Temples can have this Deity if they like.

Srila Prabhupada letter

Mayapur, January 29, 1976

2. Srila Prabhupada is my beacon. He stands forever in the glory of pure devotional service to Krsna. His radiance washes away the darkness and illumines my path.

"Only an empowered personality can distribute the holy name of the Lord and enjoin all fallen souls to worship Krsna. By distributing the holy name of the Lord, he cleanses the hearts of the most fallen people; therefore he extinguishes the blazing fire of the material world. Not only that, he broadcasts the shining brightness of Krsna's effulgence throughout the world. Such an acarya, or spiritual master, should be considered nondifferent from Krsna -- that is, he should be considered the incarnation of Lord Krsna's potency. Such a personality is krsnalingita-vigraha -- that is, he is always embraced by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna."

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura

cited in CC, Madhya 25.9

We are giving a light which was unknown in the world. That's a fact. Lokasyajanato vidvams cakre satvata... Anarthopasamam saksad bhakti-yogam adhoksaje. This is the secret of making the world happy.

Room Conversation

Bhubaneswar, January 21, 1977

3. Srila Prabhupada is my mentor. One who has a bona fide spiritual master is supposed to know everything. Prabhupada is all I know.

Satsvarupa: Prabhupada, in one purport in the Bhagavad-gita, you write that a disciple of a bona fide spiritual master is supposed to know everything.

Prabhupada: Yes, if he follows the spiritual master.

Satsvarupa: But how could he know...? What does that mean, "everything"?

Prabhupada: Everything means whatever his guru knows, he should know, that much. Not like God, everything. Within his limit, that's all. If he tries to understand whatever his guru has said, that much is "everything." Otherwise, "everything" does not mean that we know everything, like God, like Krsna. That is not possible. If he regularly chants and follow the regulative principles, follows the orders of guru, then he knows everything.

Morning Walk

Mayapur, April 8, 1975

4. Srila Prabhupada is my exemplar. He exposes my hypocrisy by his impeccable behavior. I want to be like him.

I am successful only because I am following strictly the orders of my Guru Maharaja, and I do not deviate. Therefore people respect what I am saying and they listen because I do not say one thing and do another. So now you are doing my work and you shall be like me and be yourselves the worthy representatives of our disciplic succession.

Srila Prabhupada letter

Los Angeles, June 16, 1972

5. Srila Prabhupada is my savior. He comes to me in my time of need. He delivers me from my own evil.

A post peon -- the money order is there, he has to simply carry and deliver to the person. And if he gets at time of need, he thanks the peon, "Oh, you have saved my life." It is like that.

Garden Conversation

Los Angeles, June 8, 1976

Guest : If man be part and parcel of God, how do you explain the evil deeds of man? Prabhupada: Because he likes to do that.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.5.31

Mauritius, October 4, 1975

6. Srila Prabhupada is my confidant. He knows all my prayers and secrets. He does not consider those that are corrupt.

If your prayers are sincere then Krishna will accept them and if Krishna accepts them then automatically I accept them, and if I accept them then automatically Krishna accepts them. So like this Krishna is everywhere. He is even between the atoms. So therefore wherever you are He will accept your prayers, and therefore I automatically accept. But the most important part again, the prayer must be sincere.

Srila Prabhupada letter

Sydney, February 19, 1973

There are some highly qualified persons who accept only the good qualities of others. Just as a bee is always interested in the honey in the flower and does not consider the thorns and colors, highly qualified persons, who are uncommon, accept only the good qualities of others, not considering their bad qualities, whereas the common man can judge what are good qualities and what are bad qualities.

SB 4.4.12

7. Srila Prabhupada is my liaison. He bridges the endless separation between Krsna and myself. He is an expressway to the spiritual sky.

Personally I am humble servant of Krishna as you are also, but I am deputed to accept your service just to transfer it to Krishna as via media. I shall try to do this service to you and Krishna throughout my life, and I am so proud to have such assistants as you are to help me in my mission to push on the Krishna Consciousness Movement.

Srila Prabhupada letter

Allston, Mass, May 1, 1969

8. Srila Prabhupada is my investor. He has provided the means for liberation. I cannot repay him but I will try.

If you feel at all indebted to me then you should preach vigorously like me. That is the proper way to repay me. Of course, no one can repay the debt to the spiritual master, but the spiritual master is very much pleased by such as attitude by the disciple. In the Bhagavad-gita it is said: vyavasayatmika buddhir ekeha kuru-nandana, "Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose, and their aim is one." Our only business is to be fixed up in devotional service by pleasing the spiritual master.

Srila Prabhupada letter to Residents of New Dvaraka

Bombay, August 14, 1976

9. Srila Prabhupada is my advocate. Among countless condemned souls, he agreed to represent me. At the time of judgement he will plead my case.

Just like Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He delivered Jagai-Madhai. They were all this: addicted to illicit sex, meat-eating, drinking and intoxication, gambling. That was their business. So Nityananda Prabhu went to deliver them, that "First of all, these rascals should be delivered." Therefore He went there. They were very angry. They hurt Him by throwing one stone on His forehead, and blood came out. Still, Nityananda Prabhu said, "All right, I don't mind. Please chant Hare Krsna." This is preaching, Nityananda. But when Lord Caitanya heard it, He became very angry. He wanted to kill them immediately. So Nityananda Prabhu requested that "In this incarnation You have promised not to accept any weapons. Please become, I mean to say, "kind upon them." This is the person... This is the business of guru. Guru introduces with God and prays to God, "Please excuse him." This is guru's business. And by the request of guru, God agrees to excuse him. This is the process.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.15

Vrndavana, October 26, 1972

10. Srila Prabhupada is my benefactor. He always tries to bring me back to the land of song and dance. He wants me to be happy.

Similarly, we are all part and parcel of God, Krsna. Naturally, we must be happy. Anandamayo 'bhyasat. This is our position, that we must be always anandamaya, jubilant. This is our position. Just like Krsna is dancing -- you have seen -- similarly, our position is simply dancing with Krsna and be happy.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.9

Hyderabad, April 23, 1974

11. Srila Prabhupada is my guarantor. He accepts my debt as his own. He is the definition of nobility.

The spiritual master accepts the sinful activities of his disciples from the first initiation. I may give initiation very easily, but what can I do? I am prepared to go to hell for service of Lord Caitanya.

Srila Prabhupada letter

New Vrindaban, September 4, 1972

12. Srila Prabhupada is my stern disciplinarian. He scolds without malice to keep me on course. He is a beneficent chastiser.

So far my chastising you at Mayapur for your questions it is simply out of love that I chastise any of my students. It is a father's duty to raise his son to be a strong, useful citizen, and sometimes he must reprimand him for some mistake in order to teach him. But this harshness is only for his son's benefit. Similarly, you are all my spiritual children, and my only concern is to see that you all become strong in your devotion to Lord Krishna, so sometimes scolding may be there, but you should always remember that it is done with love and it is only for your benefit. You are an intelligent boy, and I want to train you very nicely so that you will be able to preach this great Krishna Conscious philosophy with conviction, and help to deliver all the spiritually-starving souls in this age. Therefore, you should take this chastisement as an opportunity to advance in Krishna Consciousness and not in any other way.

Srila Prabhupada letter

Sydney, April 12, 1972

13. Srila Prabhupada is my destination. He awaits my arrival in the kingdom of God. If I fail, he will come for me.

So far as I am concerned, in relationship with my disciples who are so kindly cooperating with me in the matter of my rendering service to my Spiritual Master, for them I am always ready to come back from Goloka Vrindaban, if they are not delivered along with me. So don't be worried about the clutches of Maya. Be fixed up in your determination and go on serving the Supreme Lord, Krishna, with determination as you are already doing.

Srila Prabhupada letter

London, November 15, 1969

Devotee: Prabhupada, I heard it said that the spiritual master will always come back until his devotees, his disciples, have achieved God realization. Can you explain that?

Prabhupada: Yes. But don't try to take advantage of it. (laughter) Don't try to give trouble to your spiritual master like that. Finish your business in this life. That is especially meant for those who are slack. His devotee, his disciple should be serious in serving spiritual master. If he is intelligent he should know that "Why should I act in such a way that my spiritual master has to take the trouble to reclaim me again? Let my business be finished in this life." That should be the right way of thinking. Not that, "Oh I am sure my spiritual master will come, let me do all nonsense." No. So if you have got any, I mean to say, affection for the spiritual master, then you should finish your business in this life so that he may not come again to reclaim you. Is that all right? Don't take advantage of this business. Rather, be serious to finish your business. That is a fact.

Bhagavad-gita 6.46-47

Los Angeles, February 21, 1969

14. Srila Prabhupada is my standard of aristocratic perfection. He is the embodiment of grace and refinement. He implores me to become a gentle man.

15. Srila Prabhupada is my saving grace. Without his kindness I would remain a damned creature. He cares enough to help me.

Now, some of these Mayavadi sannyasis accuse me that "Bhaktivedanta Swami is spoiling our Hindu religion." Means dvesta. They do not like Christians. They do not like Mohammedans. But I am accepting Mohammedans, Christian, any damn rascal: "Come on. Chant Hare Krsna."

Morning Walk

Bombay, February 19, 1974

16. Srila Prabhupada is my captain. He gives me courage when I fall in battle. He asks nothing from me that he would not do himself.

In the beginning of your letter your comparison of the soldier and commander is very appropriate. We are on the battlefield of Kuruksetra -- one side Maya, the other side Krsna. So the regulative principles of a battlefield, namely to abide by the order of the commander, must be followed. Otherwise it is impossible to direct the fighting capacity of the soldiers and thus defeat the opposing elements. Kindly therefore take courage. You are capable in so many ways. Let things be rightly done so that our mission may be correctly pushed forward to come out victorious.

Srila Prabhupada letter

Los Angeles, July 31, 1970

(To be cont'd.)