IndiaDivine.org

Good Advice for all who write (and post) from stonehearted (Babhru Prabhu)

Rate this topic

krsna

As someone who has taught college writing and critical thinking for over 15 years, I'd like to suggest that you, ..., write carefully enough that your readers don't have to spend much time scratching their heads trying to sort out what you intend to say. Part of a writer's job is to connect the dots for his or her readers as much as possible.

I don't remember whether I mentioned this before, but I begin each class every semester by introducing Donald Murray's definition of a writer:

<font color="red"> "A writer is an individual who uses language to find meaning in experience and communicate it." </font color>

Murray was a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and an English professor at the University of New Hampshire who was for three decades a leading contributor to the understanding of the teaching of writing.

• 6 months later...

"A writer is an individual who uses language to find meaning in experience and communicate it."

So I can use language to find meaning in the Krsna conscious experience, moment-to-moment, and be able to communicte it effectively to others as a means of self-purification and sharing the stuggle of striving for Krsna.

krsna das