IndiaDivine.org

please help me control my...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MIND!!!

Being born in a KC family i have grown up believing in Krishna. My problem is that i have recently turned from a positive person into a negative/FEARFUL soul. I am really scared with the state of affairs on earth and with these terrible terrorist acts taking place in our current times. When i chant my rounds i have recently started to feel that although i am surrendering to the holy name i do not trust the holy name.

My worst fear comes from my mind when it starts to play tricks by putting unnecessary thoughts of death into my head and losing loved ones. I beg the kind and merciful vaisnava's to help me practically before i lose my mind and my faith....

Hare Krsna

as a devotee, nothing will happen to you that will lead to your real harm. Krishna will not allow it. real peace comes from real surrender. after all, we are very insignificant. life is wonderful, even if it does not go the way we would have liked. let me dig up a nice verse for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Padyavali 60.

"The elephant of my mind is drowning in the waters of material illusion. Strongly held by the ferocious crocodile of the threefold miseries, it anxiously cries with fear in its heart. O Lord Hari, please rescue it with Your glowing Sudarsana cakra, which cuts the sufferings of the demigods to pieces."

this is our prayer for protection from illusions arising from the mind. good luck to you! Hare Krishna!

oh thank u so much for the your advice. just reading the verse has lifted a weight. it would be great if u could post the sanskrit verse too. i will take what u have said and try to REALLY surrender.

Hare Krsna

The is a personal reply to me from BV Bishnu Maharaja of Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mission. I think his personal assistant is Itallian devotee, so hence typos. Anyway I don't see the words I see the essence. So I won't change.

I asked:~What is the best way to control my mind?

Ans - All these practice (Sadhans) are only to control mind from bed association and progress for spiritual advance . It will fucntion accordingly past purification but we have to change with good association and devotinal practice . it will come to control slowly slowly. You can see BG 6chapter The Lord has explained . If you have any particular problem you can write me then I will write you .

~Should I worry if I have very bad thoughts?

Ans - Do not worry for any thing in this matarial things . It will never help in any way . Just pray to the lord what is your problem to relief from that . and chant Harinam regulary . Bad thought will come accordingly past just pass it and will not come again . When ever this body is wxist we have to suffer in any condition .

~What is best way to avoid offence?

Ans- Whish offence you have not written . Mostly Vaishnav offence is dangerios so do not listen any Vaisnavs blame in mentaly oraly and phisicaly too. Be humble and respect to others . Do not demand respect from others . These are helping to progress devotional life .