IndiaDivine.org

can someone tel me what this means please.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

this is from the prashna upanishad

the wise see the lord of love in the month, Rayi is the dark half, prana thebright. the wise worship in the ligh tof wisdom others in the darkness of ignorance.

i don't know what it's tryign to say and the word Rayi, i think it's a month i'm not sure.

alo where in the rig-veda doses it mention the creation of the cosmos and Tapas, i think they're called? it would help alot if someone could help me withthis. please. thank you.

Mysterious text indeed. I came across this expression "the Lord of Love" before in different quotations, and I was wondering what its Sanskrit original may be. It sounds rather sentimental and odd to me. Anyone knows? My intuition says that what this text means, is that God is origin of both darkness and light, just as the month is divided into a bright and a dark lunar period, and that He is worshiped both by those in wisdom and ignorance. Just as Krsna says in Gita: "Everyone follows My path in all respects, o son of Pritha."

Shambu.