IndiaDivine.org

Vedic ties to Christianity and Islam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pictures do not lie. The follow picture are from Notre Dame cathedral in Paris and date from around the 13th/14th century.

The first show a group of children having an ecstatic kirtan with kartals.

The second shows a child with a sikha, these show that dispite all the attempts to destroy evidence of vedic culture in Europe some have survived to this day.

Sometimes a picture can say more than a million words.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In one of Srila Prabhupada's lectures, he has said:

750413SB.HYD Lectures

... means the supreme lover and beloved. He attracts everyone. There is one Greek word, krista. The meaning is the same, "love." And from this krista the word Christ has come. So this word Christ also has connection with Krsna.

HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Now Sri Krsna Himself says in Gita 10.35:

Of hymns I am the Brhat-sama sung to the Lord Indra, and of poetry I am the Gayatri verse, sung daily by Brahmanas. Of months I am November and December, and of seasons I am flower-bearing spring.

So Krista means Christ and Lord's favorite month is November-December.

Christmas occurs in December. If you break up the word "Christmas", you get Christ-mas.

So Christ means Krista or Krsna and mas(masa in Sanskrit means month). Thus Christ-mas can be seen as the "Month of Krsna(Krista/Christ)"

http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/03/hm3_5_5c.html

Posted Image

Aquamanile in the Form of a Cow with its Calf

Ali ibn Muhhamad ibn Abu'l-Qasim an-naqqash

1206 AD

Bronze, silver H 35 cm

This aquamanile in the form of a cow with its calf, being attacked by a lion, is the latest known example of a Persian vessel in animal form. The surface of this splendid composition was once richly decorated with silver inlay. The creation of such a complex design was a great achievement on the part of the craftsman who, in a Persian inscription, emphasized that he had cast this group as a single piece. The decoration on this aquamanile proves the object to be a Khorosan article of the pre-Islamic period.

and more details about the above Vishnu diety at the Mashaad Mosque Iran:

http://www.salagram.net/VWHMid-East.html#Iran: